PDA

View Full Version : Do the gift cards expire?

DisneyDiva2130
06-02-2008, 12:32 PM
I already have 30.00 credits in my account and it has been just about a month since joining SR.:clap:

I'm going to chash out for Disney Gift cards when I get up to 50.00, but do the gift cards expire? Do they have "maintenence fees" or any other fees that would take away from the balance on the card? Next May is our wedding and we're going to get as many rewards as we can over the next year and then blow all of the rewards on that trip. :cooldance: So I wanted to know if there were any fees or if the cards expire. If so, we'll wait to cash out until its closer to our trip (or I reach 100, as I think thats the highest the gift cards go), but if not, I'd like to cash out in denominations of 50.00 or 20.00 Thanks! :o

zoodoyle
06-02-2008, 12:52 PM
There is no expiration on the Disney Gift cards, nor is there a service fee with inactivity :D And saving up to get the bigger cards makes it more convenient when paying for bigger things - when I called to pay on our package, it took forever to give them 14 different card numbers!!!! The CM was less than impressed ;)

DisneyDiva2130
06-02-2008, 02:32 PM
haha, I bet!!! OK thanks for the help! I will cash out in as high a denomination as I can!! Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it. :)

disneyforever
06-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Another question about Disney gift cards.

Are we able to use them in the themeparks? A friend of mine, who used to
work for the Disney stores, said the gift cards would not be accepted in the
parks. I thought I have read on this forum that we could use them. Any info
on this would be appreciated.

:thanks:

SunshineGirl
06-03-2008, 07:55 AM

I've used them everywhere in the parks except for just one or two of the little food stands. Pretty much every place takes them from the resorts to the restaurants to the parks. And as they phase out the Disney Dollars (which we keep hearing they are going to do), I think even all of the little food carts are starting to take them.

disneyforever
06-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks Tricia!!! I knew you would have the correct answer. :sunshine2:

askomsky
06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks Tricia!!! I knew you would have the correct answer. :sunshine2:

When we went in Nov, I used them at the smaller food/souviner vendors and didn't have any problems. If they accept CC's (which most are) then they an take the GC's.

mollyeilis
06-04-2008, 12:56 PM
For anyone with questions about the cards, disneygiftcard.com has the answers. Maybe not totally specific (which carts do NOT take them, for example), but it's a good and helpful site!

sammielynn
06-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Last week we used Disney Gift cards everywhere with the exception of one food place. The stand just out side the American Pavilion in Epcot that sells funnel cakes would not take them? I tried to use my Disney Visa Rewards card and a Disney Gift Card, they only took cash or credit cards.

jaime
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM
One more question!
Can cast members use them and get their discount? My cousin works for Disney and I make her make all of my big Disney purchases with her 35% off! It helps A LOT!!

bartleby1
06-06-2008, 06:12 PM

There used to be two different types of gift cards. One you could only use in the disney store, the other you could use in the parks and stores. I believe they phased out the one that you could only use in disney stores a while back though. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen one of those kind in a long long time. It is quite possible that when your friend worked there they still had those kind.

Anyway, the ones that Tricia sends out DEFINITELY can be used in the parks.:cooldance:

mirandag819
06-06-2008, 06:54 PM
One more question!
Can cast members use them and get their discount? My cousin works for Disney and I make her make all of my big Disney purchases with her 35% off! It helps A LOT!!

Welcome back Jaime ! How was your trip ?

jaime
06-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Welcome back Jaime ! How was your trip ?

It was wonderful! Thanks for asking!!

jgates8
06-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Thank you - Just the question I was coming over to post!!! I intend to let my account build up but that first $50 worth is just WAY too tempting. I need to get something in my hands for incentive!!!