PDA

View Full Version : Get an Obopay Mastercard with $10 Free on MP

andrea2289
05-03-2007, 05:59 PM
I don't do M******* very much but I saw today that they are offering the Obopay Mastercard under Easy Offers and you get a free $10 loaded on it for signing up.

These work really good for trial offers! The only downside is you do have to wait for it to come in the mail 7-10 days.

Mom2aPrincess
05-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Is M******* the only place that has this? It only give you 5 points for visiting right?

andrea2289
05-03-2007, 07:57 PM
As far as I know, MP is the only one with the $10 promotion right now. If you go directly to obopay.com and sign up you get $5

Anna
05-04-2007, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the tip. I signed up for it tonight.

Mandi
05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
About a month ago MP was offering a $25 credit through Obopay. I wonder why they bumped it down to $10? Oh well, it's still $10 free for those that haven't done it yet. :)

wilsonfamily4
05-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Do you have to have a cell phone to do it? It looked liek it when I just opened it up.

andrea2289
05-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Yes you do need to have a cell phone. They are trying to mimic Paypal but with the ability to send/receive money through your cell phone. The sign up system will call your cell phone to verify it. It cannot be a land line phone, but the registration is very easy!

They did have the $25 offer a while back. That is when I signed up but there were SOOO many people that did it and opened up numerous accounts that they ended it quickly.

I opened up one for myself and one for my hubby and got us both a Mastercard so we can send and receive money to each other. I use mine with $25 for the trial offers and love it!

Like I said in other posts, the only downside for those who want it for trial offers, is you do need to wait for it to come in the mail which takes 7-10 days!

wilsonfamily4
05-04-2007, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=andrea2289;782]Yes you do need to have a cell phone. They are trying to mimic Paypal but with the ability to send/receive money through your cell phone. The sign up system will call your cell phone to verify it. It cannot be a land line phone, but the registration is very easy!

QUOTE]

Bummer. My husband has a cell (business phone) but he would never let me use his number for this. O, well. :)

andrea2289
05-04-2007, 11:07 AM
You can get a free number through Grandcentral.com and do it that way ;)

Register at GC first, have that open when you are registering for Obopay...when the system puts the call through you can answer it by clicking on something...

I haven't done this so I am going off what I remember reading, but there was a thread on fatwallet for a while when the Obopay promotion was going on!

Oh also, you get $5 for each referral so you can build up $$ that way - I sent a referral to both my sisters and my niece...once they sign up thats and extra $15 bucks!!

speechteachri
05-04-2007, 09:33 PM
You can get a free number through Grandcentral.com and do it that way ;)

Register at GC first, have that open when you are registering for Obopay...when the system puts the call through you can answer it by clicking on something...

I haven't done this so I am going off what I remember reading, but there was a thread on fatwallet for a while when the Obopay promotion was going on!

Oh also, you get $5 for each referral so you can build up $$ that way - I sent a referral to both my sisters and my niece...once they sign up thats and extra $15 bucks!!

Can you explain more about Grandcentral.com? Thanks.

sunshinecindy
05-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Ah oh, I see discussion here about another reward program which is against the rules.......:blush:

andrea2289
05-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I really don't know much about Grandcentral. I am just going off of memory. I read about it while the Obopay promotion was going on, but like I said, I didn't do it. Maybe you could find the original thread on fatwallet forums.

I would post it if I can find it but I don't want to break the rules :sorry:

krg1968
05-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I just signed up for this, thanks. I hadn't thought of using a prepaid card to protect myself. :)