PDA

View Full Version : Well, today is our anniversary...

sunshinecindy
06-06-2008, 05:52 AM
and we've been up since 4:00 because the A/C unit went out in the middle of the night and the house is so hot we couldn't breathe, it woke us up. So, the doors are open and I'm biding my time till 7:00 when I can call a repair place. Ya, Happy Anniversary to us.

zoodoyle
06-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Ugh. That's not a very good start to what should be a wonderful day! I hope the rest of your day is filled with fun, love and colder air! :D

:sunshine: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :sunshine:

Sunni
06-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Happy Anniversary!

I was going to make a joke about it being too "hot" but I didn't want to get in trouble. :angel:

Seriously though, I hope your special day and year to come is full with lots of love and all those special moments that make it great!

sunshinecindy
06-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Its hot alright.

Well, I got a hold of the A/C company. They are coming out between 11 and 1. I messed with the thermostat, you know the way us women do, and the unit kicked on, so it may be all in the thermostat that is 3 years old :(

Anyway, I'll have them give the unit a once over anyway for the summer, just to be sure, and hopefully its just the thermostat. Who knows. At least its working right now and maybe will cool the house down in the meantime, we'll see.

Iteach
06-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Happy Anniversary!!:heart:

Here's to many more years of love, happiness, good times and cool air! Hope it's just a simple problem that can be fixed quickly!

mia214jia
06-06-2008, 08:07 AM
WOW! I'm glad you were able to get it it to kick on. What a pain in the butt.
Anyways Happy Anniversary!. A couple of years ago I had a similar experiance for Mother's Day. We awoke and our refrigerator had quit! :rotfl:
So for Mothers Day I got to go shopping for a fridge. I laugh about it now but, I wasnt then.

SunshineGirl
06-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Happy anniversary! At least you aren't spending the whole evening at a dance recital dress rehearsal. LOL!

mjjmbnmm
06-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Happy anniversary Cindy, and Tricia and I'm right there with you, that is also how I will be spending my evening.

disneyforever
06-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Happy Anniversary Cindy! :banana:

Send me some of that heat and sunshine. We are freezing our tushies
off here in Oregon. Usually we are in the 70's by this time of year. Lately
we have been in the 50's and low 60's... and rain, rain, rain.

Have a great day!

disney_girl
06-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Not a fun way to start the day!!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Hedy
06-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Happy Aniversary!

JillyFish
06-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Happy Anniversary!!! :sunshine2:

Hope your day gets better!!!

chipndale
06-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Happy Anniversary!

I was going to make a joke about it being too "hot" but I didn't want to get in trouble. :angel:

I was thinking the same thing when I read the first post! :rotfl: I wonder if anyone else will comment?

Happy anniversary! At least you aren't spending the whole evening at a dance recital dress rehearsal. LOL!

Trade you - I will be spending most of Saturday at ours - followed by a late softball game. DD will be in such a good mood by evening. :rolleyes:

chipndale
06-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Cindy, happy anniversary - enjoy your day! I hope that the repair man gets there so that your place can cool off so that...............

Magical JenK
06-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Happy Anniversary Cindy! Any big plans tonight to celebrate?? Or are you just going to do something tomorrow night as tonight is Chat?! :0)

missangie
06-06-2008, 09:09 AM
I personally think that your anniversary should be HOT! ;)

:anniversary:

icartjetta
06-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Happy Anniversary!!!!

PSL1013
06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CINDY! :anniversary:

pbhall13
06-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Happy Anniversary!

Seriously though, I hope your special day and year to come is full with lots of love and all those special moments that make it great!

Oh Marilyn great minds think alike............I was going to joke about it too!!

Cindy have a wonderful anniversary and hopefully the AC gets fixed and you can make it hot again in your own special way :p!

pamela

iluvamystery89
06-06-2008, 09:55 AM
happy anniversary cindy! :anniversary: i hope your house is cool and comfortable very soon so you can warm it back up the RIGHT way! ;) hehe

sunshinecindy
06-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Actually, I messed with the thermostat and it seems to be working fine right now. So, I called them and asked them about it, and they don't want to come out cause they said if its not working, they can't find whats wrong. So, when DH gets home from work, I think we will go get a new thermostat and put it on and start there. Its very cool in my house right now.

arob414
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Happy Anniversary Cindy! :banana:

Send me some of that heat and sunshine. We are freezing our tushies
off here in Oregon. Usually we are in the 70's by this time of year. Lately
we have been in the 50's and low 60's... and rain, rain, rain.

Have a great day!

I'll swap you some of our heat if you can send some of your cool air my way. We are in the 90's, have been all week and there is no end in sight. The pool is comfortable but it won't be many days before it is not. I meant to get a chiller but decided to save the $$ for Disney.

Cindy, I feel for you. When it is stormy our electricity goes off, frequently. First thing I do when storms are approaching is turn the ac way down just in case. I hate being hot. Hope your house cools down, soon.

:anniversary::snowman::snowman2: (Sending snowmen to help cool you off :D )

bellanlivismom
06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have a good one and that it stays cool in your house!

askomsky
06-06-2008, 11:13 AM
:party: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party:

Sorry it hasn't started off on the right foot.

Going anywhere special for dinner?

Blessing and Miracle
06-06-2008, 12:17 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Hopefully it will end better than it started!

bbangel
06-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Happy Anniversary!

I'm with Elaine - if anyone wants to send some warmer weather our way we'll take it. Feels more like January than June up here and they've turned the heat off in our building. I feel like I'm going to have icicles hanging off me soon!

spring
06-06-2008, 01:19 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CINDY!:anniversary:
Sorry you had such a lousy start to your day. Here's hoping it will do nothing but improve.

m4travels
06-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Here's another hoping it's just the thermostat, Cindy! Wishing you both a wonderful anniversary weekend.

~Kathie
06-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!!:anniversary:

ligrumpygirl
06-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Hope your day ends better than it started!!! Happy Anniversary :heart:

mia214jia
06-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Actually, I messed with the thermostat and it seems to be working fine right now. So, I called them and asked them about it, and they don't want to come out cause they said if its not working, they can't find whats wrong. So, when DH gets home from work, I think we will go get a new thermostat and put it on and start there. Its very cool in my house right now.

:sunshine: Well ours did the same thing last night. And this morning I turned it on and its cool. I do have someone coming and is suppose to be here by noon. So question is did you all just repace the thermostat or did you go ahead and get it serviced?

sunshinecindy
06-12-2008, 09:37 AM
:sunshine: Well ours did the same thing last night. And this morning I turned it on and its cool. I do have someone coming and is suppose to be here by noon. So question is did you all just repace the thermostat or did you go ahead and get it serviced?

Nope, all I did was replace the thermostat. There was no need for service call. Once the A/C was running it cooled it down 6 degrees in an hour and a half, and the A/C person that was fantastic. It cost me 58.00 for the thermostat at HD. I got a programmable one. Took 15 min to install, about 10 min to program and its working great. Best part is, we had the A/C people replace it 3 years ago, it cost us 125.00 for the thermostat and 76 for the housecall and they told me we could never use a programmable one with our unit, they lied, this programmable one is perfect. When I called the A/C people back and told them the unit was running, they told me that there was no need for them to come out because if its working right then, they can't tell whats wrong, but after playing with the thermostat, I knew that was the problem, saved me a bunch of money.

mia214jia
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the update on your end. I hope you all still had a Great Anniversary!