PDA

View Full Version : The Wave

schaery
06-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Okay....I know they've just opened today but whenever anyone can give an opinion, let's hear about "The Wave" at the Contemporary. It's almost time to make my ADR's.

ligrumpygirl
06-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Haven't been there, naturally.... but when I was there in April, the server at CS said that some of the CS dishes will stay on at the Wave. They were featuring some of the Wave dishes that night but we didn't have any.

Not sure if that helps....

schaery
06-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Well, I've got 3 days til I can make ADR's so hopefully there will be some reviews by then. Since I purchased my MVMCP tickets today they let me make a ressie for that day only (12/11) as long as it was in the MK. CP was already booked so I chose LTT. If the Wave turns out to be good I may change my ressie and ride the monorail over before the party.

Pooh's Pal
06-08-2008, 01:03 AM
I'd like to try it in December, but there aren't many choices, so I'm not sure the rest of my party would like it, but, I'm sure after the weekend we will be able to see an updated menu on AllEars or the Dis and some reviews.

Found this back in early May, on the DIS....don't know if it's etched in stone yet, but I can't wait to hear some reviews, as

The Wave is currently taking ADR's and will honor the DVC, Passholder, Disney Dining Experience, and Cast Member discounts as currently accepted at Concourse Steakhouse. The menu however is nothing like Concourse's. This menu has been confirmed by CM's.

BREAKFAST

Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade Granola.
-Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade grown, fair trade and
bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie ? Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt, Peach, Mango and Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie ? A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH

Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad ? Herb Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Greens,Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy Polenta Croutons

DINNER

Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS

Miniature styled dessert by categories
Creamy Selection
-Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
-Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
-Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
-Meyer Lemon Sorbet
-Pineapple Sorbet
-Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
-Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
-Vanilla Braised Pineapple
-Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
-Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
-Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
-Saut?ed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES

Wine - Southern Hemisphe re Wines with a Twist. Featuring Wines from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver?s Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito, Antioxidant Cosmo, Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion Lemonade (Organic Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)

schaery
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the menu info. I'm taking my 18yo DD with me and I'm not sure she'd appreciate the selection. I know she'll like LTT so I guess I'll keep my ressie there depending on upcoming Wave reviews.

chipndale
06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd like to try it in December, but there aren't many choices, so I'm not sure the rest of my party would like it, but, I'm sure after the weekend we will be able to see an updated menu on AllEars or the Dis and some reviews.

Found this back in early May, on the DIS....don't know if it's etched in stone yet, but I can't wait to hear some reviews, as

The Wave is currently taking ADR's and will honor the DVC, Passholder, Disney Dining Experience, and Cast Member discounts as currently accepted at Concourse Steakhouse. The menu however is nothing like Concourse's. This menu has been confirmed by CM's.

BREAKFAST

Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade Granola.
-Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade grown, fair trade and
bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie ? Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt, Peach, Mango and Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie ? A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH

Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad ? Herb Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Greens,Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy Polenta Croutons

DINNER

Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS

Miniature styled dessert by categories
Creamy Selection
-Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
-Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
-Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
-Meyer Lemon Sorbet
-Pineapple Sorbet
-Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
-Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
-Vanilla Braised Pineapple
-Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
-Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
-Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
-Saut?ed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES

Wine - Southern Hemisphe re Wines with a Twist. Featuring Wines from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver?s Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito, Antioxidant Cosmo, Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion Lemonade (Organic Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)

Thanks for sharing the menu. I was wondering if my family would eat there since I have two very picky eaters with us. I don't think that they would be able to find something to their liking. Thanks again!

schaery
06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
On www.allears.net, there is a review for The Wave and some pics. Looks neat but I don't think my DD would particularly choose the food there so we probably won't plan on doing that in Dec.

OhMari
06-27-2008, 09:14 AM
I was going to pick the wave, but I don't see anything I like. I know mt dh will like the Rueben. Can you see the firewoks from there?

PSL1013
06-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I changed my ADR from the Crystal Palace to The Wave yesterday, hope we like it. My SIL who is coming with us on this trip saw this restaurant on the food channel a couple of weeks ago and said it looked really good. Since she doesn't get to go to Disney very often, we figured we would cater to some of the things she is interested in on this trip. If anyone goes before October, please post your review, I would be interested in hearing if you liked it or not.

PSL1013
06-27-2008, 10:00 AM
I was going to pick the wave, but I don't see anything I like. I know mt dh will like the Rueben. Can you see the firewoks from there?

I was told it was on the 1st floor (down one floor from the monorail drop off point) so no I doubt you could see any fireworks. All the pictures that I've seen of this restaurant, it doesn't look like there are any windows at all?

hmdelf
07-16-2008, 01:09 PM
so does that mean Chef Mickeys menu is different now too?