PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else constantly surprised....

Hedy
06-08-2008, 10:05 AM
At the number of WDW people they meet in normal life? I know part of it is my Disney Visa, but I'm still amazed:
*Person at the Post Office
*Clerk at Hallmark
*Receptionist at salon (this surprised me, b/c my salon is a little hipper than thou).

Anyone else?

Magical JenK
06-08-2008, 10:20 AM
NEVER!! They all look at me like I'm weird....or at least I think they think I'm weird....I'm glad that doesn't happen to you!!

linanglab
06-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I have a few....one of them is a TA who is trying to get me to sign up....thought about it!

But this year, everyone I have talked to knows someone who is going to Disney in the next few weeks! It is SO sad to me! Why am I not going???? My best friends brother, my sister, my parents, several couples from church, a few other friends and their families, some teachers from school....I have never met so many people GOING to Disney this year! Maybe that means that next year when we go that it won't be SO busy????? ;) Just wishful thinking I guess!

askomsky
06-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I have a few....one of them is a TA who is trying to get me to sign up....thought about it!

But this year, everyone I have talked to knows someone who is going to Disney in the next few weeks! It is SO sad to me! Why am I not going???? My best friends brother, my sister, my parents, several couples from church, a few other friends and their families, some teachers from school....I have never met so many people GOING to Disney this year! Maybe that means that next year when we go that it won't be SO busy????? ;) Just wishful thinking I guess!

That's how it is around here. Some families ( a good majority) go every year, some twice a year. It's more uncommon for me to hear that people have never been or it's been quite a few years (and we were one of them!)

arob414
06-08-2008, 09:52 PM
NEVER!! They all look at me like I'm weird....or at least I think they think I'm weird....I'm glad that doesn't happen to you!!

I get that, alot. The docs I work with think I am nuts for...well, being nuts about Disney. Except this one family practice doc I know. He would go to Disney, every yr, but his wife gets tired of it. Several yrs ago, he took her to Italy. Did I mention he is great looking, but so nice he doesn't know it? And, he loves Disney. Wow!! Too bad he is taken, but you should hear him ask where the bathroom is in Italian. :D Makes you drool.

sammielynn
06-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Where I work there are five of us (out of about 300) that are Disney Junkies. So I have a support group. One man always tells everyone that he and I are running off to work at Disney when we retire, I am alway quick to add that his wife is going with us.
My Disney Visa get lots of attendtion. So many times folks will say that they wish that they could afford to go. I'm very quick to tell them that I finance my trip partly through SR so the trip is much less expensive than they think.

MooseBrains
06-09-2008, 10:58 AM
We live in a very rural area but when we go to the city it is so much fun to see the stickers on the back windows with the disney family. Yesterday we saw the castle with tink on the back of a window.

I have seen a few disney antenna balls around in the city also. For us it is my Disney mom club magnet.

At DH's job he doesn't say that we are going to Disney on Vacation, just that he needs vacation days. They started to wonder about us because we try to go each year. It seems like they are all cruise folks.

PSL1013
06-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I use my Disney Visa card for everything to get the points and you wouldn't believe the comments I always get...it is the blue limited edition one with the castle and everyone ooohh's and aahhh's over it.

chipndale
06-09-2008, 11:46 PM
This year it seems like everyone that I know is going to Disney! I have so many relatives that are going for the first time this year! I have tried to convince them to sign up to SR but there is no takers. They just think that Disney is very expensive and that you have to spend alot of money while you are there. And yes my Disney Visa card always seems to bring some kind of response.