PDA

View Full Version : On hold....

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 07:32 AM
today is 180 days for December trip....I have two phones going in case I can't get through before I have to leave for work...how sad. I love this time of trip planning!! :party:

m4travels
06-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Have fun making those ADRs!!!!

linanglab
06-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Oh! What fun Jen!!!! I love the ADR making process! And to go when it will be so beautiful at christmas time! You lucky girl!

Sunni
06-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Oh, Jen..... just imagine how wonderful it will be......ahhh...Disney.....festive.......fun......M ickey......a warmer place.

I hope that helped a bit. :) I hope your plans are working out. good luck

mia214jia
06-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Have fun making those ADRs!!!!

Ok call me WDW ignorant ... but is ADR's???? :p
Advance Disney Reservations??

fourfoxesinpa
06-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Pixie dust that you'll get your desired ADRs, Jen!

linanglab
06-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Ok call WDW ignorant ... but is ADR's???? :p
Advance Disney Reservations??

Correct! But I think it is Advanced Dining Reservations.

m 'n c
06-10-2008, 08:14 AM
ooh ooh what did you get?

JillyFish
06-10-2008, 09:12 AM
I hope you get all the ressies your hoping for Jen! I'm trying really, really, REALLY hard not to be jealous!!!!! :blush:

Give us a report of what you got when you get a chance!

Hedy
06-10-2008, 09:29 AM
:popcorn:

mia214jia
06-10-2008, 10:03 AM
You have to reserve to eat that far in advance :eek: ?

m 'n c
06-10-2008, 10:05 AM
You have to reserve to eat that far in advance :eek: ?

for certain restaurants if you don't call on your 180 day mark when the phones open you won't get in. It is pretty crazy but also great to get it out the way and concentrate on the rest of your planning.

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 10:16 AM
I was on hold for over an hour & then the bus came....I knew I couldn't hear well on the bus, so I had to hang up. I'm going to try again in a few!:wizard::wizard: Pixie Dusting myself!! :0)

I'm going to try for almost all ADRs that we want...but of course CRT is #1 & we'll take whatever they have....hoping they do...it's a large group so I'm a little worried.

Oh has anyone ever done Restaurantsarus?? I have no desire, but my SIL does...we don't NEED to do every dinner w/them, but any thoughts on it would be appreciated!
Thanks

pbhall13
06-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Jen...

I don't believe they have Restaurantasaurus anymore...........they redid the Tusker House and the does the character meals. (I think I have the right info here.....please someone correct me if I am wrong)

Can't wait to hear what you book!!!!

Pamela

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Jen...

I don't believe they have Restaurantasaurus anymore...........they redid the Tusker House and the does the character meals. (I think I have the right info here.....please someone correct me if I am wrong)

Pamela

AWESOME!! Nice out for me then...Thanks Pamela!! :p

Hedy
06-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Jen...

Pamela

Just breakfast is a character meal (too bad, IMO, a lunch would be great).

Pooh's Pal
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Best of luck getting those desired ADR's! Let us know how you made out

My 180 day mark is coming up...and I requested the day off incase I have to work on them all day! Oh the excitement :)

Sunni
06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Wishing Jen luck on getting through! I can't wait to hear what ressies you make.

iluvamystery89
06-10-2008, 11:25 AM
i'm SO jealous! let us know what you get! :wizard::wizard: pixie dust for you!

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 11:29 AM
:party::banana::cooldance::clap:

Well the first set of ADRs is done!! Lord knows there will be some tweaking I'm sure, but I'm VERY, VERY happy! I made them for both for all 7 of us (SIL & fam) as well as DH & I. Here's what I got!

All of us:
LTT
WCC (night of MVMCP)
'Ohana breakfast (for my bday!!)
Coral Reef
CRT lunch --all 7 of us together!! I'm sooooo happy!!

Just DH & me:
Cali Grill (for my bday)
Momma Melrose
'Ohana dinner
LeCellier (they were TOTALLY open for almost all the times for the day I asked!)

I have a few more to call on later or tomorrow! But overall I'm VERY happy! My wait time was nothing & they even asked for the confirmation # this time & wouldn't do it w/just the phone number. That's never happened to me before! But Yay!! We're eating in Disney World!! Woo hoo!!

Let the re-planning begin!! :blush:

linanglab
06-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Looks good! We never have more than about 4 ADR's. But with a family of 5, we don't eat expensive too often...(which is why I want to go during free dining sometime!!!!)

Have fun with all the planning and replanning....it is not as fun as the trip...but almost! :D

disney_girl
06-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Congrats Jen!!! Happy planning!

JillyFish
06-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah Jen! :clap: Everything sounds YUMMY!! :scarf:

Blessing and Miracle
06-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I learn something new all the time on here! LOL. We do love Disney and we've visited both WDW and DL a couple of times, but never planned dinning into it. We just eat when it's time. :rotfl: On our last visit, I did try to plan a character breakfast for the girls, but when I called they were booked, now I know why!

Happy Planning, Jen!:)

chipndale
06-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Jen, glad that you got what you wanted. Reading your list made me hungry and I can't wait for our trip!

m 'n c
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Congrats Jen! Those are some great choices. When I called in March they requested the confirmation number as well and I think someone else reported that. I'm not sure why because when I changed my reservation for my package they said my dining wasn't tied to it at all.

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Congrats Jen! Those are some great choices. When I called in March they requested the confirmation number as well and I think someone else reported that. I'm not sure why because when I changed my reservation for my package they said my dining wasn't tied to it at all.

I'm wondering if it had anything to do w/the fact that I asked for CRT right off the bat?? She then asked for my confirmation number & came back saying that I can't call today, I can call tomorrow. My SIL could call today, so I had to get her confirmation number & then booked everything for us. When I did call back, I just put her confirmation # in at the phone prompt & had no other questions about it for the rest of the call.

m 'n c
06-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I bet it's to make sure you are at your 180 day mark.

mia214jia
06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm wondering if it had anything to do w/the fact that I asked for CRT right off the bat??

What is a CRT??? :banana:
And :thanks: for letting me bounce in and ask questions. Even though I had to dismiss the idea of going this year :cry: . I am reading up on everyones planning threads. :blush:

Hedy
06-10-2008, 02:50 PM
What is a CRT??? :banana:
And :thanks: for letting me bounce in and ask questions. Even though I had to dismiss the idea of going this year :cry: . I am reading up on everyones planning threads. :blush:

Cinderella's Royal Table.

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I bet it's to make sure you are at your 180 day mark.

Yeah, I'm sure of it....since my confirmation # was at 181 days...:rotfl:

Oh I'm so exicted they're booked! I called DH to tell him & he's like, oh fun. But didn't ask where we were eating or anything:rolleyes:. I'm glad you all are excited for me!!

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I learn something new all the time on here! LOL. We do love Disney and we've visited both WDW and DL a couple of times, but never planned dinning into it. We just eat when it's time. :rotfl: On our last visit, I did try to plan a character breakfast for the girls, but when I called they were booked, now I know why!

Happy Planning, Jen!:)

Yep, we learned the hard way our first year...ADRs really make or break a hot day at the park for us!! WHATDOYOUMEANTHEREISNOROOMTOEATHERE? That doesn't make for a fun trip at all! Sure it's odd that I'm making dining reservations 6 months out, but you do what you gotta do!! :D

Of course! Jump in w/any questions you like! Most of us live through other's trips throughout the year...I find it helpful to get through the Disney Blues!!

wilsonfamily4
06-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I wonder what it will be like when I call in July fo rour Jan trip. I rented points from a DVC member so I wonder if I use a confirmation number as well?

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Good question Dee...also, what about those that aren't staying onsite?? Are they not able to book at 180 days?? Hmmmm....

schaery
06-10-2008, 04:39 PM
180 days for me too. :banana: Got all my ADR's!!! - even though I haven't decided for sure about using the DDP, just depends on what kind of package discount Disney Visa comes out with in August. Right now I have room only but if they come up with a good package discount, I'll add the DDP. If I can't do the DDP, some of my ADR's will have to go and do more OOP-CS meals. I guess that's okay but I sure got spoiled with the DDP last year. I'm afraid the Pop Warner Fest, and MouseFest Land time are having a bit of an impact on the restaurants as I couldn't get the times exactly as I wanted like I did last year at 180 days.

Hope you were able to get all yours.

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 04:42 PM
180 days for me too. :banana: Got all my ADR's!!! - even though I haven't decided for sure about using the DDP, just depends on what kind of package discount Disney Visa comes out with in August. Right now I have room only but if they come up with a good package discount, I'll add the DDP. If I can't do the DDP, some of my ADR's will have to go and do more OOP-CS meals. I guess that's okay but I sure got spoiled with the DDP last year. I'm afraid the Pop Warner Fest, and MouseFest Land time are having a bit of an impact on the restaurants as I couldn't get the times exactly as I wanted like I did last year at 180 days.

Hope you were able to get all yours.

Sooo....what did you get???

schaery
06-10-2008, 04:54 PM

All of us:
LTT
WCC (night of MVMCP)
Coral Reef

Just DH & me:
Cali Grill (for my bday)
Momma Melrose
'Ohana dinner
LeCellier (they were TOTALLY open for almost all the times for the day I asked!)

I have a few more to call on later or tomorrow! But overall I'm VERY happy! My wait time was nothing & they even asked for the confirmation # this time & wouldn't do it w/just the phone number. That's never happened to me before! But Yay!! We're eating in Disney World!! Woo hoo!!

Hey Jen - I booked LTT for MVMCP on 12/11 just to avoid extra driving. (I'm trying to use Disney transportation when I can). I forgot about WCC. Would it be a pain to get to WCC from Pop using DT? Guess I'd have to go to DTD then WCC then to MK, right? So many restaurants so little time. :confused:

mirandag819
06-10-2008, 07:34 PM
For those who aren't staying on site you have to call every day in a row starting at your 180th day.

We are on site, but not disney owned anymore (shades of green, now owned by the Dept of Defense) We got all the other perks of being on property except for the ADRs since they can't check out reservation.

I called every single day for 9 days in a row making reservations.

Apparently got lucky though, I never had to hold for more than 30 seconds ! I can't imagine holding an hour every day for that many days. I called every morning at exactly 7 a.m. and got right through.

Was able to get every resteraunt we wanted at or very very close to the times we wanted.

Of coarse when we booked the trip and at 180 days it was just me DH and DD going. About 10 days later my mom and sis decided to go with us. So on 170 days I called again and added them to most of our ressies, had trouble with some like CRT and Tusker house. I just made a seperate ADR for some where else for 2 and DH and I or mom and sis can eat a more adult place while the others go with DD to character dining.

schaery
06-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I'm sure of it....since my confirmation # was at 181 days...:rotfl:

Oh I'm so exicted they're booked! I called DH to tell him & he's like, oh fun. But didn't ask where we were eating or anything:rolleyes:. I'm glad you all are excited for me!!

I think it's a guy thing. I told my DH that I made ADR's today and he didn't ask where either. Either we need a life or they need to get their priorities straight. :rolleyes:

schaery
06-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Sooo....what did you get???

Ok, here goes:

12/8 - Lunch at Crystal Palace
12/9 - Dinner at Cape May
12/10 - Dinner at Kona Cafe
12/11 - Dinner at LTT then MVMCP
12/12 - Bfast at Hollywood & Vine
Dinner at Prime Time
12/13 - Bfast at Boatwright's (then leave for Reality World :mad:)

ligrumpygirl
06-10-2008, 10:32 PM

Well the first set of ADRs is done!! Lord knows there will be some tweaking I'm sure, but I'm VERY, VERY happy! I made them for both for all 7 of us (SIL & fam) as well as DH & I. Here's what I got!

All of us:
LTT
WCC (night of MVMCP)
Coral Reef

Just DH & me:
Cali Grill (for my bday)
Momma Melrose
'Ohana dinner

Cali Grill for your birthday NICE!!! Will you be there for fireworks??

Magical JenK
06-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Cali Grill for your birthday NICE!!! Will you be there for fireworks??

Of course...she planned it that way for me! What a nice CM!!

mia214jia
06-11-2008, 08:53 AM
So, hypotheticately (?) speaking ... When all this legal stuff on my end is done. Hopefully by the end of JULY (PRAY, PLEASE) I should be able to be see a date to set. We need to stay on site to be able to make early reservations to eat at where ever we would like.
Ok here's my downfall. every place I looked at on site before the rooms looked soooo smallllll. For a family of 5 we need room.:rotfl:
Am I just looking in the wrong place or where are good places to stay with breathable room for a large family?
Thanks Jen :D

Magical JenK
06-11-2008, 10:02 AM
So, hypotheticately (?) speaking ... When all this legal stuff on my end is done. Hopefully by the end of JULY (PRAY, PLEASE) I should be able to be see a date to set. We need to stay on site to be able to make early reservations to eat at where ever we would like.
Ok here's my downfall. every place I looked at on site before the rooms looked soooo smallllll. For a family of 5 we need room.:rotfl:
Am I just looking in the wrong place or where are good places to stay with breathable room for a large family?

Well, I'm lucky, it's just me & DH so we have plenty of room, but I know that Port Orelans Riverside (POR) allows 5 in one room. Otherwise I think your options are 2 rooms, a deluxe Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL) I believe has a room for 5, maybe a DVC resort???

As someone else posted, if you stay offsite you call at 180 days for each day you want to eat. Where if you stay onsite you call at the 180 mark for your check-in date & then can book 10 days worth.

Good luck w/the legal stuff & here's to picking a date!! :clap: Do you know when you want to stay?

m 'n c
06-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Hmm where is Janet? She and I were talking about this the other day. I think she normally stays in POR with her 5 kiddos and also has done POP with 2 rooms. When she ran the numbers she found POP with 2 rooms was only $150 more than POR so you might want to think about the 2 value rooms.

mia214jia
06-11-2008, 01:24 PM
:rotfl::rotfl: All these abbrivations I feel like I need to go to kindergarten for WDW :rotfl::rotfl:

schaery
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM

A man I work with stays offsite in a house, I believe from a company called Affordable Family Vacation Homes. I'll see him tomorrow and ask him for sure. Last year, the house he rented had 3 BR/ 2BA also with a pool for some ridiculously low price, seems like maybe $130 a night. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow but I bet you can find them on Google. I think there are several "subdivisions" like that though, all just a few minutes away from WDW. For onsite, POR does state they have room for 5.

Magical JenK
06-11-2008, 03:22 PM
:rotfl::rotfl: All these abbrivations I feel like I need to go to kindergarten for WDW :rotfl::rotfl:

Hope this helps!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

linanglab
06-11-2008, 03:39 PM
The only option for 5 is POR or 2 rooms at value or a deluxe. Not alot of options. You could rent points from someone who owns DVC. Being a family of 5, I have exhausted our options! LOL

mirandag819
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM
In case anyone else reading this thread is military or going with someone in the military.... you can also have 5 at Shades of Green. They have very very large rooms and when it was owned by Disney it was a Deluxe resort.

You have to be military or going at the same time as someone in the military, but the rates are only 89 a night for a big nice room, you are mins from magic kingdom (you can walk to the Poly and ride the monorail).

mia214jia
06-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Hope this helps!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

Never fear Majical JenK is here.

mia214jia
06-11-2008, 05:37 PM
In case anyone else reading this thread is military or going with someone in the military.... you can also have 5 at Shades of Green. They have very very large rooms and when it was owned by Disney it was a Deluxe resort.

You have to be military or going at the same time as someone in the military, but the rates are only 89 a night for a big nice room, you are mins from magic kingdom (you can walk to the Poly and ride the monorail).

crap.... DH was in the military! Thank you anyway, good info.

llgray16
06-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Great job getting those ADRs Jen!

I just called and switched one of ours for Aug. We originally had Chefs de France but switched to Garden Grill. It is one of the few that we haven't been to yet!

As for you Disney newbies, planning a Disney vacation is unlike planning any other vacation. I t does take quite a bit of research and effort early on but believe me you will be happy that you did it!

And if you rent points from a DVC member, you can use that confirmation to book your ADRs with the 180 +10 window as well :sunshine:

~Kathie
06-13-2008, 05:42 PM
DVC members (not renters) can now call Member Services to book ADR's. :banana:

We used to be able to do that, but then they changed it and we had to call Disney Dining.

I was on the phone with Member Sevices today and they said they changed it back so I booked our ADR's for October. A little late for booking ADR's but there were some issues with our points and I could book for October until that got straightened out. I got everything I wanted........even Le Cellier. Got that one for lunch but that will be fine.

llgray16
06-13-2008, 09:14 PM
DVC members (not renters) can now call Member Services to book ADR's. :banana:

We used to be able to do that, but then they changed it and we had to call Disney Dining.

I was on the phone with Member Sevices today and they said they changed it back so I booked our ADR's for October. A little late for booking ADR's but there were some issues with our points and I could book for October until that got straightened out. I got everything I wanted........even Le Cellier. Got that one for lunch but that will be fine.

WooHoo! I did not know that! That is really good to know! I've already booked our ADRs for August but I'll have to keep that in mind for next June (I was going to try for a concieerge studio at AKV - our home - but I think we are just going to go with savannah view.)

mirandag819
06-13-2008, 09:21 PM
crap.... DH was in the military! Thank you anyway, good info.

If he is a veteran or retired from the Military you can still use Shades of Green.