PDA

View Full Version : Disney dollars?

disneyfreak7
06-10-2008, 02:27 PM
What is the difference between cashing in for Disney gift cards or Disney Dollars? I will be cashing in soon and using the $200 I earned when we go to WDW in Aug? I was going to use it for extras, like the pirate cruise my DS will be taking and for the older kids to rent the mousesprites (boats). Can either of these options be used anywhere in WDW?

How long does it usually take to arrive after I cash out?

Hedy
06-10-2008, 02:49 PM
It can take 3-4 weeks to get your cashout. Disney gift cards can be replaced if lost in the mail. and can be used on Disneyshopping.com. I prefer gift cards for that reason, but Disney dollars might be more fun for your kids.

missymouse
06-10-2008, 03:19 PM
What is the difference between cashing in for Disney gift cards or Disney Dollars? I will be cashing in soon and using the $200 I earned when we go to WDW in Aug? I was going to use it for extras, like the pirate cruise my DS will be taking and for the older kids to rent the mousesprites (boats). Can either of these options be used anywhere in WDW?

How long does it usually take to arrive after I cash out?

Disney Dollars are dollars like cash in denominations of $1, $5, $10, $20's. Do a google search for Disney Dollars under images. I would only cash out a little in Disney Dollars as they can not be replaced if lost in the mail or in the park.

disneyfreak7
06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Can Disney Gift card be used in the parks or resorts?

missymouse
06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Can Disney Gift card be used in the parks or resorts?

Yes they can be used in both the parks and resorts. The only place that doesn't except them are some of the vendor carts I believe.

mollyeilis
06-11-2008, 01:55 PM
disneygiftcard.com, for most of your giftcard questions. :clap:

I haven't been to WDW, but from what I have read, the vendor carts that do not accept GCs are few and far between. There are far more ODVs at Disneyland and DCA that don't accept them.

For our recent DLR trip I took 10 or 20 Disney Dollars (from SR) and the rest in giftcards, and I'm pretty sure I won't use the DDs again. Love the cards much much more.

And just in case you don't know, the Dollars get you cash back in change, so even if you have, say, a $20, on the first use you won't have the cute DDs anymore, b/c your change will be given as cash. For some reason that bugs me (even though I certainly wouldn't want the CM to mess around with finding DD change) so I think it's worth knowing. :p

pattip03
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
It can take 3-4 weeks to get your cashout. Disney gift cards can be replaced if lost in the mail. and can be used on Disneyshopping.com. I prefer gift cards for that reason, but Disney dollars might be more fun for your kids.

Is it still true that Disney gift cards can be replaced if lost in mail or should I have them sent insured? TIA:confused:

RDGCJK
09-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Another thing to consider...

Thanks to SR, we had both disney dollars and disney gift cards on our last trip. I definitely liked having both because on 2 occasions, the restauant was having a problem with their machines and couldn't use the disney gift cards. Well, they could have called the 1-800 number to verify how much money was on the card, but they really didn't want to do that..... So, I just used disney dollars in those circumstances.