PDA

View Full Version : New Travel Merchants

SunshineGirl
05-03-2007, 09:35 PM
I recently got some feedback that the Super Members wanted more travel sites listed in shopping. So here are the new ones that I posted tonight!

Enterprise Rent-a-Car
Marriott (includes Fairfield, Courtyard, etc)
Best Western
Wynn Las Vegas
Four Points by Sheraton
Sheraton
Westin Hotels and Resorts

wilsonfamily4
05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Those sound great. too bad I never travel. haha

Mom2aPrincess
05-03-2007, 10:02 PM
This is great. Keep on adding them. I'll soon be planning a small in-state summer girls only vacation and I plan to try to use your reward program to pay for it all and then let everyone else pay me their share. :angel: Isn't that sweet of me to take on that burden? :rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
05-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Tricia are there any possibilities of travel cashout options in the future? I saw the addition of Country Inn & Suites for credit, but am wondering if we might ever get a cash out gift certificate for them for example? It's a REALLY long way off of course but I'm thinking about that for the night before our next cruise. Residence Inn would be covered by Marriott, but they're much more $$.

SunshineGirl
05-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Tricia are there any possibilities of travel cashout options in the future? I saw the addition of Country Inn & Suites for credit, but am wondering if we might ever get a cash out gift certificate for them for example? It's a REALLY long way off of course but I'm thinking about that for the night before our next cruise. Residence Inn would be covered by Marriott, but they're much more $$.

Would any of these from GiftCertificates.com work for you?

American Airlines®
Avis Car Rental
BedandBreakfast.com
Best Western Travel Card®
Budget Car Rental
Carnival Cruise Lines
Courtyard® by Marriott
Fairfield Inn® by Marriott
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
Marriott Vacation Club
Marriott® Hotels, Resorts &
Suites
Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts
Residence Inn® by Marriott
The Ritz-Carlton®
SpringHill Suites® by Marriott
TownePlace Suites® by Marriott
Travelocity Hotel Certificates

Or through GiveFun we can get Hotels.com

3dog2kidmom
05-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Would any of these from GiftCertificates.com work for you?

American Airlines®
Avis Car Rental
BedandBreakfast.com
Best Western Travel Card®
Budget Car Rental
Carnival Cruise Lines
Courtyard® by Marriott
Fairfield Inn® by Marriott
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
Marriott Vacation Club
Marriott® Hotels, Resorts &
Suites
Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts
Residence Inn® by Marriott
The Ritz-Carlton®
SpringHill Suites® by Marriott
TownePlace Suites® by Marriott
Travelocity Hotel Certificates

Or through GiveFun we can get Hotels.com

Oh, I'm going to have to check those out! Travelocity Hotel Certs doesn't have it (since it's through their incentives division), but I would imagine hotels.com does! American Airlines... have to check that out too since that's who we usually fly. Thanks!! :clap:

3dog2kidmom
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Would this worK? Purchase a giftcertificate.com for American Airlines through Sunshine and get 2% credits back (say $20 on two $500 certificates). Use the certificates then to buy our tickets.

I never noticed they had AA before. This is wonderful!! Does anyone know if they work just like cash on any fare type?

SunshineGirl
05-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Would this worK? Purchase a giftcertificate.com for American Airlines through Sunshine and get 2% credits back (say $20 on two $500 certificates). Use the certificates then to buy our tickets.

I never noticed they had AA before. This is wonderful!! Does anyone know if they work just like cash on any fare type?

You could either cash out 500 points for a $500 GiftCertificate.com certificate and then use it to buy the AA certificates or buy the GiftCertificates.com certificates outright and get the cash back, depending on whether you are wanting to use your points or cash.

I haven't used the AA ones yet. The only thing I have ever had like that from them was vouchers for credits when they made me miss my cruise on my honeymoon. LOL!

wilsonfamily4
05-04-2007, 10:10 AM
The only thing I have ever had like that from them was vouchers for credits when they made me miss my cruise on my honeymoon. LOL!

Now that sounds like a nightmare!!!!!

SunshineGirl
05-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Now that sounds like a nightmare!!!!!

I was a spastic young bride that expected perfection from my wedding and honeymoon. We even booked an extra early flight the day after the wedding so that we could make the cruise. Turns out the LATER flight made the ship and ours did not because of mechanical problems.

AA and Carnival did make good. They got us to San Juan (after about 12 hours in the airport) and put us up there until the ship got there a couple of days later. Paid for our meals and gave us a $600 AA voucher. There were a bunch of honeymooning couples that it happened to, so we all toured San Juan together. I got to see them make Bacardi. :clap: Wasn't funny at the time. But I definitely find it humorous now that it is how we started our marriage.

mollyeilis
05-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Wow, they really compensated you guys! From reading cruise boards, I just haven't seen that sort of compensation recently...then again, maybe those that are compensated so nicely don't come back and yell about it. :)

So anyway, regarding the hotels, I booked through you for my HS reunion hotel. :) Since it doesn't get credited until AFTER the stay, I am of course nervous that it won't be credited at all. Is there a way to check, or to make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks on the Marriott webmaster/advertiser/whoever does these things' side?

SunshineGirl
05-07-2007, 02:34 PM
So anyway, regarding the hotels, I booked through you for my HS reunion hotel. :) Since it doesn't get credited until AFTER the stay, I am of course nervous that it won't be credited at all. Is there a way to check, or to make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks on the Marriott webmaster/advertiser/whoever does these things' side?

That's a good question. How far out is your stay?

mollyeilis
05-07-2007, 02:58 PM
That would have been useful information, wouldn't it? :)

mid-September. this year.

and then after the reunion we're running away to Disneyland. :)