PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom tour

Magical JenK
06-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Anyone done it? If so, did it ruin the magic for you? I'm not looking for spoilers here, but I was thinking of taking it in December, but DH doesn't want to because it will "ruin the magic"....

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Hedy
06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Have you looked at the Yuletide Fantasy tour?

Magical JenK
06-12-2008, 03:41 PM
No, haven't even heard of it...you done it?

Magical JenK
06-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, just read the review of it on wdwinfo.com....I wonder if the review did enough for me, because I don't think I'd want to take that tour.....

PSL1013
06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
I've done them both and I loved both of them, even did the Yuletide one twice...although the second time wasn't quite as interesting because we knew what we were going to see. Also getting a good CM guide has a lot to do with the enjoyment of it too but that is the luck of the draw and you won't have control over that. I would do the MK one again because it's probably been at least 10 years since I went and it didn't ruin any of the magic for me or my family at all, it's very educational. :)

Magical JenK
06-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I've done them both and I loved both of them, even did the Yuletide one twice...although the second time wasn't quite as interesting because we knew what we were going to see. Also getting a good CM guide has a lot to do with the enjoyment of it too but that is the luck of the draw and you won't have control over that. I would do the MK one again because it's probably been at least 10 years since I went and it didn't ruin any of the magic for me or my family at all, it's very educational. :)

ooooh...I don't know if I could sell him on it if it's educational though! :angel::rotfl:

Thanks for your comments! Yeah, I can't imagine they'd really show or tell you anything that would ruin it for you!!

Maybe I'll go by myself for my bday present to myself!! :rolleyes:

Hedy
06-12-2008, 05:40 PM
I loved it last year.

disneyforever
06-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Maybe I'll go by myself for my bday present to myself!! :rolleyes:

I think that is a great idea! If I like or want to do something and DH doesn't then I go do it alone.
He does the same with me. My mom is a world traveler and my dad has never flown anywhere.
Once a year she just gets on a plane and goes - comes back 3 weeks later and they are both
just happy as can be.

piglet-for-me
06-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I did it with some friends last year and enjoyed it a lot. I'd love to do it again or have my DH do it. I wouldn't hesitate to do it myself. When we went, it was 4 of us and another friend joined us booking his own reservation. When we went to lunch, the 4 of us on the one reservation sat together and the 5th person was seated with the guide. It made what could have been an awkward situation for him into a comfortable one.

Another tour that I've done was the Behind the Scene Railroad Tour. My 13 year old and I did this last fall. It was another fantastic tour and another we'd love to do again. One of the coolest thing to do was ride on the train and see where the trains and monorails are stored at night.

I learned so much from both tours. It didn't ruin the magic at all but certainly made me appreciate all that goes into making sure everything is transparent to the guests.

~Kathie
06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour both at WDW and DL. They were great and I'd take them again.

You learn little secrets, and things get pointed out that you never would have noticed. Why things were done a certain way and how they do certain things to enhance the magic without the guest even knowing.

I think it gives you a really good appreciation of the work and planning that goes into each and every little thing Disney does.

ligrumpygirl
06-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Jen, tell Dh that if he flies me down for the day I will go with you!!! See the sacrifices I make for my friends....:angel:

chipndale
06-12-2008, 11:01 PM
You learn little secrets, and things get pointed out that you never would have noticed. Why things were done a certain way and how they do certain things to enhance the magic without the guest even knowing.

I think it gives you a really good appreciation of the work and planning that goes into each and every little thing Disney does.

Well said. We did it a couple of years ago with my parents and we all enjoyed it. It didn't ruin the magic for any of us, instead it made for a deepen appreciation of just how hard Disney tries to make everyones experience magical. I would be more than willing to go with you.

~Kathie
06-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Jen, tell Dh that if he flies me down for the day I will go with you!!! See the sacrifices I make for my friends....:angel:

I'm in. I'll even pay for my own tour if your DH picks up the airfare. :sunshine2:

askomsky
06-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Well if he's picking up the airfare, count me in... :rotfl: I'll pay for my own tour!

linanglab
06-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Well if he's picking up the airfare, count me in... :rotfl: I'll pay for my own tour!

Well...I will sacrifice too...I mean, it is for a good cause! A birthday tour! Tell your DH we will be waiting for our airline tix! Tell him thanks too! LOL

ligrumpygirl
06-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Well...I will sacrifice too...I mean, it is for a good cause! A birthday tour! Tell your DH we will be waiting for our airline tix! Tell him thanks too! LOL

We will even pay for our luggage fees since he is buying the actual airfare!

OK sorry...back to the regularly scheduled thread...

sammielynn
06-14-2008, 12:16 AM
I want to go! Tell DH to get another ticket.

schaery
06-14-2008, 10:42 AM
DH and I did the Backstage Magic Tour last December. We loved it. Learned alot without "ruining the magic". It's expensive but it was worth the price. Also if you have a Disney Visa, you get 15% off. It was 20% off last year but I just booked a Segway Tour for Dec and only got 15% off.

Pooh's Pal
06-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Jen...just do it and your DH will love it. I have never done the KTTK Tour, but I did one a few years ago at Epcot, called Hidden Treasures...it was Awesome!
I knew a some of the stuff they spoke of on the tour, but I learned so much more...Like: You know the body of water where the International Gateway is, between France and The UK...guess what it's suppose to resemble?
The English Channel...I never knew that and crossed that bridge a gazillion times! :D You'll learn lots and lots of little things like that, yes educational, but I came home with so much more. and I got an adorable pin from the cast member too!

Sorry to say, they don't have that tour any longer, but here's a list from AllEars: http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm

p.s. I'm going 12/19-12/25...If we are going around the same time, I'll go with you if he doesn't want to. ;)
(and I already have my airfare! :rotfl:)

Magical JenK
06-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Jen...just do it and your DH will love it. I have never done the KTTK Tour, but I did one a few years ago at Epcot, called Hidden Treasures...it was Awesome!
I knew a some of the stuff they spoke of on the tour, but I learned so much more...Like: You know the body of water where the International Gateway is, between France and The UK...guess what it's suppose to resemble?
The English Channel...I never knew that and crossed that bridge a gazillion times! :D You'll learn lots and lots of little things like that, yes educational, but I came home with so much more. and I got an adorable pin from the cast member too!

Sorry to say, they don't have that tour any longer, but here's a list from AllEars: http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm

p.s. I'm going 12/19-12/25...If we are going around the same time, I'll go with you if he doesn't want to. ;)
(and I already have my airfare! :rotfl:)

Ah thanks!! We miss each other by 1 day...we leave the 18th!! :(

Yeah, I think I may just make the plans for my bday & then how can he say NO to the bday girl?!:angel: But I wouldn't mind doing it by myself either, what better way than to do something so magical for my bday in the most magical place on earth?!:D

hmdelf
07-16-2008, 11:20 AM
we just bought this for our in laws for our trip in OCt. I'm glad it has such good reviews!