PDA

View Full Version : I'm so happy, I could cry!!!

Lisaj68
06-23-2007, 10:32 AM
DH :confused: doesn't get it, but I bet YOU do, if you've ever been in my boat!!

Today marks 180 days out for us, and by 7:02am, I had my Chef Mickey ressies made for our arrival day, at the time I wanted!!!!

Ohmygosh, my DD's 6 & 8 are going to freak, eating dinner w/ Mickey and the gang and I am going to sit there and cry at their amazement and excitement! I can't wait!!!!

Now, if the rest of my ressies go as well as today........!:sunshine2:

Lisa

m 'n c
06-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Oooh congrats. I did breakfast at Chef Mickey's and loved it. Where else are you making ressies for? I need to decided the week we are going next year and put in for vacation. Then figure out that magical 180 days out so I can try and get CRT.

Question. Is it 180 days from the first day of your trip or 180 days out each day. Like were you only able to do ressies for the day that is exactly 180 days from today or were you able to make all your ressies for the trip if that makes sense.

coastalgirl
06-23-2007, 10:55 AM
It is 180 +10, if you stay on property! That way you can make all you reservations at the same time!
We loved Chef Mickeys! It and Ohana are our favorites right now! DD doesn't like the people characters but loves Characters so we just avoid the princess type ones for now! She won't let them get in her space but loves Mickey and friends!!

And I do understand the crying part!! I cry everytime we go!!(I am soo emotional!)

m 'n c
06-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks. I never understood the 180+10 that I have read about before. Its amazing how much things change year to year. I remember going when I was little and never having to worry about an ADR. now I wouldn't leave home without them!

sammielynn
06-23-2007, 11:17 AM
I always cry when we pass under the Disney World Arch. I understand.:love:

Magical JenK
06-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I cry at Wishes, get chills at Fantasmic & Spectromagic, but my DH's favorite part of the trip is when we get to MK & I see the castle for the first time...makes me tear up & smile every time!

I love the countdown too! Making ADRs at 180 days, some people don't get it, but WE do! Congrats & have a great trip!!

coastalgirl
06-23-2007, 02:57 PM
When we were at MK this last time, we were watching Wishes and our DD(who is only 2) looked up at her daddy and said "Look daddy I just love it" and of course I had tears streaming down my face. Even now it gets me all teary!!

Lisaj68
06-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Oooh congrats. I did breakfast at Chef Mickey's and loved it. Where else are you making ressies for? I need to decided the week we are going next year and put in for vacation. Then figure out that magical 180 days out so I can try and get CRT.

Question. Is it 180 days from the first day of your trip or 180 days out each day. Like were you only able to do ressies for the day that is exactly 180 days from today or were you able to make all your ressies for the trip if that makes sense.

We are staying off site, so I will be up early again tomorrow (and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day...well, you get it, LOL!)

We'd (well, ahem, I! It's still a secret from the kids!!) like to also get into CP, Artist Point, Boma, 1900, WC, and of course, the ever popular CRT !

Wish me luck and pixie dust for the morning!! :sunshine2:

coastalgirl
06-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Crystal Palace was great we did it for lunch! Boma is one of my favorites!Yummy!!! Are you doing CP for B, L, or D??

Lisaj68
06-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Crystal Palace was great we did it for lunch! Boma is one of my favorites!Yummy!!! Are you doing CP for B, L, or D??

I am hoping for 8am ressies for CP!!!

Boma, I am hoping for, for Christmas dinner.

Heavy sigh!!! :love: This is starting to be fun! Up until recently, it was very overwhelming, all this planning!!

coastalgirl
06-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Boma for Christmas, that will be neat!! I just loved Boma!! I love the planning!! I get a little stressed the closer we get to trip time worrying, worse this last time since we took my MIL, I worried she would not like anything I picked!! I would love to go for Christmas but, Dh has never been able to get off that time of the year!!

My DS is 8 also and he really liked Chef Mickeys and he also picked CP for his sister and they had a lot of fun!! Your girls are going to love it!!

Lisaj68
06-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Boma for Christmas, that will be neat!! I just loved Boma!! I love the planning!! I get a little stressed the closer we get to trip time worrying, worse this last time since we took my MIL, I worried she would not like anything I picked!! I would love to go for Christmas but, Dh has never been able to get off that time of the year!!

My DS is 8 also and he really liked Chef Mickeys and he also picked CP for his sister and they had a lot of fun!! Your girls are going to love it!!

I think the NEXT time we go to WDW, it will be much easier to plan for! Bringing my MIL would be cake, bring MY mom would be :eek: !!

Okay, I just have to say it, "this morning we got 8:05am ressies for CRT on 12/21" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coastalgirl
06-24-2007, 03:42 PM
that is great!! I can't wait for DD to be ready for the princesses!! She talks about them all the time, but will not get close to them!!
Your girls are going to love it!!!:cooldance:

disneynut
06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Oh I certainly understand the excitement of getting ressies. We went last year in Nov. for the first time and are going again this Nov. We loved it so much.:love: The tears were rolling down my eyes when we were watching wishes and my DD(3) said "Mom this is the BESTEST day ever" The smile on her face and the gleam in her eyes, made it all worth while.. Made me appreciate all this clicking for pennies, as my DD (11) says. Ok now talking about it, IM Ready to go to Disney. I NEED to see Mickey. :mickey: oH YEAH we had our first breakfast at Chef Mickeys and we all loved it.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10704;0/st/20070523/e/Surprise+trip+Universal++/dt/-1/k/151c/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;104/st/20071116/e/Disney+Here+We+Come/dt/-1/k/ea41/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

LuvMyBoys
06-28-2007, 09:47 AM
This thread is making me so excited for our September trip!! :) Our 3 and 4 year old sons are so excited for it! I can't wait to take them to their first character meal (Ohana bkfast) and my two older boys can't wait to visit Goofy's Candy Store and eat dinner at WCC.

I just feel like this is going to be one of our best trips ever! :love: I can't wait, just under 3 months and counting!!! :cooldance:

wdwabby
06-28-2007, 09:59 AM
congrats on getting your ressies! My dad was so thrilled (and relieved) when we got ours nailed down! We're doing CRT and CP as well, both for breakfast and I can't wait!

The planning is becomming such a build up of anticipation and there's STILL 70 days left to go! I want to go NOW!

*disclaimer, yes I'm 23, and that last line might have involved a pout and a foot stomp

Hedy
06-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Yaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chipndale
06-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Okay, I just have to say it, "this morning we got 8:05am ressies for CRT on 12/21" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! I totally understand how you feel when you get the ressie for the time and place that you want. DH used to think that I was crazy to get up early just to call Disney. The first couple of trips we made with dd, I was not able to get a breakfast ressie for CRT. :( Last year for our April trip, dh actually planned to go in to work later so that he could help me call. I was on my cell phone and he was one his cell phone. I managed to get through first but I made him keep trying. I got a cm that was new and did not know anything about the 180 + 10 day rule and had to look it up. I was soo upset. DH kept trying and he finally got a cm that knew what to do when he said CRT for breakfast. He said that she was all business until after the ressie was booked. DH will never let me live it down that he was the one to get the CRT ressie. BUT once he saw the look on his dd's face he finally understood why I was sooooo wanting to get that ressie. Now he is part of the team and helps out. :cooldance:

luvdisney00
06-30-2007, 07:05 PM
We are leaving for WDW in 10 days and this morning I started feeling bad that I don't have a Princess breakfast in Norway planned. We do have CRT for dinner, but I have been reading such good things about character interaction at Ashkerhaus that I thought maybe I made a mistake by not booking it. DD4 is a princess nut! Anyway, I called this morning and thought they would laugh at me, but I got a 10:10am breakfast ressie for the last morning we are there!!!!

Now I am so happy I could cry!!!:angel:

m 'n c
06-30-2007, 10:14 PM
We are leaving for WDW in 10 days and this morning I started feeling bad that I don't have a Princess breakfast in Norway planned. We do have CRT for dinner, but I have been reading such good things about character interaction at Ashkerhaus that I thought maybe I made a mistake by not booking it. DD4 is a princess nut! Anyway, I called this morning and thought they would laugh at me, but I got a 10:10am breakfast ressie for the last morning we are there!!!!

Now I am so happy I could cry!!!:angel:

Congrats! I did the princess dinner at Ashkerhaus and it was fabulous. I"m sure yall will have a great time at breakfast.