View Full Version : Disney passes/annual passes

disneyforever
06-21-2008, 03:17 AM
Is there a place on SR that we can buy passes or annual passes for
WDW? 2 people in our group need 10 day passes and 2 need annual
passes.

I'm always trying to get more SR credit! :cooldance:

:thanks:

Edit: Nevermind, I found DWTickets. Looks like they don't do annual passes. bummer

mjjmbnmm
06-21-2008, 11:54 AM
dw tickets

m 'n c
06-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Can't you just buy the tickets through DW tickets and then upgrade to an annual pass once you get there? Doesn't disney do that??

mollyeilis
06-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Can't you just buy the tickets through DW tickets and then upgrade to an annual pass once you get there? Doesn't disney do that??

oooooohhhhhh, good idea.

MdCaterer
06-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Seriously??? Do they do that???? Can you buy them like a voucher or do they have a specific date??

Great thinking!!!!!:hugs:

m 'n c
06-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Seriously??? Do they do that???? Can you buy them like a voucher or do they have a specific date??

Great thinking!!!!!:hugs:

I swear I have read hundreds of times on message boards that people would buy tix and then upgrade to APs by paying the difference at the gate but I have never had the need for APs :cry: to know how to do it.

ligrumpygirl
06-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I swear I have read hundreds of times on message boards that people would buy tix and then upgrade to APs by paying the difference at the gate but I have never had the need for APs :cry: to know how to do it.

It can be done BUT it must be done in the first 14 days of use.

disneyfreak7
06-22-2008, 02:08 PM
we did this last Sept. We upgraded our 10 day pass to Annual Pass right at Disney Hollywood Studios. We knew we were going back in Aug so we upgraded. The $ we paid for our 10 day pass was credited towrds the AP. so we only paid the difference. it worked out to be quite a savings for my family of 7! We are going back this Aug for 13 days!!:cooldance:

ligrumpygirl
06-22-2008, 02:13 PM
we did this last Sept. We upgraded our 10 day pass to Annual Pass right at Disney Hollywood Studios. We knew we were going back in Aug so we upgraded. The $ we paid for our 10 day pass was credited towrds the AP. so we only paid the difference. it worked out to be quite a savings for my family of 7! We are going back this Aug for 13 days!!:cooldance:

Don't you just love the freedom an AP gives you?? We may not get one next year because of the way our vacations fall. I will miss just walking into EPCOT for dinner or Illuminations...

DisneyMa
06-22-2008, 02:29 PM
I can speak for DL APs.

When you buy a pass and if you wish to upgrade to an AP, you must do so by the last day of use on your ticket. We usually upgrade on the last day and then go into the park the next morning for 1-2 rides and breakfast before we leave.

mollyeilis
06-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I can speak for DL APs.

When you buy a pass and if you wish to upgrade to an AP, you must do so by the last day of use on your ticket. We usually upgrade on the last day and then go into the park the next morning for 1-2 rides and breakfast before we leave.

Ayep. :)

From reading posts by the CM/moderator over on the dis, and his everything about tickets thread, at WDW it's a little different. Your ticket can be all used up, but if you're still inside 14 days you can upgrade. It's wild, compared to DLR!

Also from him I've learned that if you buy tickets ahead of time (like in the scenario we're talking about with DW Tickets) and there's a ticket price increase between purchase and use, you want to use those tickets at least one time. That sort of re-sets the price to the current one, and then when you upgrade you pay the difference between the current ticket price and the upgrade. (can't do THAT at Disneyland!) If you upgrade BEFORE using them, you are paying the difference between *what you paid* and the AP. So be sure to use the WDW tickets at least once so you pay the least for your upgrade. :sunshine:

MdCaterer
07-01-2008, 03:05 PM
I am so wanting to do this and buy one ticket each month and then upgrade when we get to Disney. We are cruising at the end of September and then will spend only 4 days (Oct 4-7th) at the parks and will catch MNSSHP.
I want to upgrade to AP's so that we have an excuse to go back to WDW next summer. We have been AP holders every year but this last one since we knew we would not be back to WDW for a year when we left last September.
I am on the fence though if to buy the MYW tickets with dining (will that affect the upgrade?) Or if they will be running some kind of special or package deal with the MYW tickets for Oct. What would you do?????