PDA

View Full Version : Getting Credits from shopping??

photos_101
06-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I made several purchases the past few days using the Sunshine links. But I was wondering do they use cookies to track these. I guess what I really want to know is..If I delete my cookies will they still be able to track them? I don't want to take a chance of not getting the credits.

Thanks!

jnorth1007
06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I think it depends on the merchant. I wouldn't delete cookies until you either geta definite answer from Tricia or you see the credits show up pending. I have had some problems recently with shopping credits not showing and I think it was because of clearing cookies. I didnt used to have that problem when I didnt know what clearing cookies was :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Give it until tomorrow and then clear your cookies late tomorrow night or first thing Monday morning. I'll do a BIG import of manual credits tomorrow, mostly shopping.

Anne
06-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Oh man...I just cleared cookies a little while after I did some shopping on Vista Print. Well, maybe I will get lucky and they will show up.

I learn something new every day here....

ItsmeSunnyV
06-24-2007, 02:24 AM
Holy Moly!! I just did a big order from Disney on Fri. (( Great sale by the way)) And my computer has it's settings to automatically delete cookies, when restarting computer. It isnt showing up pending yet. Does this mean they wont? :confused: :(

SunshineGirl
06-24-2007, 09:37 AM
99.9% of the time, you are fine when you do shopping and clear your cookies later. There are only a few instances where you have to go back in and do something later (like a confirmation) where you might mess something up. But that is usually with things like purchasing downloads. For regular shopping, you should be okay. Better safe than sorry....but I also wouldn't worry too much.

I'm about 80% done with the big import this morning. Almost all offers have been imported and referrals updated. Just some shopping left to do (including Disney).

emmoore5124
06-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Tricia, I went through the link yesterday for the increased Disney payout, but after I filled my cart, I waited about 2 hours to put the order through because I got pulled away by my kids. Then after I finalized the order, and closed that window, I opened up the SR window and it said I needed to log in. I know I was logged in when I started the order. Did I get timed out on SR? Do you think I'll get the shopping credit?

SunshineGirl
06-24-2007, 10:34 AM
We should still get the credit. I don't know off the top of my head exactly what Disney's cookie expiration is, but I think it should be 2 hours. There are only a few places (like maybe Walmart and Amazon?) where you have to make purchases within an hour or so for the website to get credit.

mollyeilis
06-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Give it until tomorrow and then clear your cookies late tomorrow night or first thing Monday morning. I'll do a BIG import of manual credits tomorrow, mostly shopping.

:heart: :heart: :heart: I'm loving the manual shopping credits you did for me this morn! :)

Arky
06-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Great info to know! Thanks! Off to do more shopping! We're in trouble now!:rotfl:

Lisaj68
06-29-2007, 07:16 AM
That could explain why my DWtickets order that on place first thing on 6/27 hasn't been credited yet....? :sunshine2:

Sorry! Not impatient, just worried!

SunshineGirl
06-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Really ANY shopping credits can take up to a week to show as pending depending on the advertiser. But the DWTickets ones are going to take even a bit longer because right now we are only getting a monthly report from them. But remember that your actual credit goes 21 days from the date of purchase regardless of when we post the stats. So if you bought them June 27, even if we don't post the stats until July 15, you will still get your credits 21 days from June 27.

Lisaj68
07-19-2007, 09:00 AM
That could explain why my DWtickets order that on place first thing on 6/27 hasn't been credited yet....? :sunshine2:

Sorry! Not impatient, just worried!

Really ANY shopping credits can take up to a week to show as pending depending on the advertiser. But the DWTickets ones are going to take even a bit longer because right now we are only getting a monthly report from them. But remember that your actual credit goes 21 days from the date of purchase regardless of when we post the stats. So if you bought them June 27, even if we don't post the stats until July 15, you will still get your credits 21 days from June 27.

Hi!! It's me again!!!

Just wondering if these credits will post before the big payoff next week.. I am really close to getting 2 g.c.'s but I will need this credit to go through, especially since only 1 of 8 offers credited for me yesterday :(
I even cleared cookies before I started yesterday!! Oh well!

Anyway, today is day 22 - and it didn't show up on the 15th - not sure if it should have?? Asking now in case it didn't credit to you and you have to contact them.....Thanks!!!

Lisaj68
07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Hi!! It's me again!!!

Just wondering if these credits will post before the big payoff next week.. I am really close to getting 2 g.c.'s but I will need this credit to go through, especially since only 1 of 8 offers credited for me yesterday :(
I even cleared cookies before I started yesterday!! Oh well!

Anyway, today is day 22 - and it didn't show up on the 15th - not sure if it should have?? Asking now in case it didn't credit to you and you have to contact them.....Thanks!!!

Bumping.........

SunshineGirl
07-20-2007, 08:46 AM
File a trouble ticket and I'll get your money for you today. No pending period.