PDA

View Full Version : We Are Definitely a Disney Family

SunshineGirl
06-22-2008, 10:36 AM
This was kind of funny yesterday. We took DD5 to TCBY because DD7 had a birthday party to attend. When we were standing at the counter, the guy helping us said "Did you all just get back from Disney World or what?" I gave him a really funny look and he kind of motioned to our shirts. Turns out that all three of us were wearing Disney shirts! Totally nothing planned but apparently we just have SO MUCH Disney clothing now that even without trying, we all wear Disney clothes all the time. Thankfully, we were not wearing matching shirts. But it was funny just the same.

arob414
06-22-2008, 11:12 AM
We are a Disney family, too. Last night, DD10 wanted to know if is it is expensive to get married in Disney World. I asked why. She said because she and Brennan (her best friend, always) were planning on getting married there.

And, after all the tshirts I bought DD13, I told her she was going to be known as the Disney girl in school, this year.

askomsky
06-22-2008, 11:33 AM
LOL, well that's a good thing to be recognized for! My girls will be feeling the same way since I just received my order and had 12 shirts/dresses in there for them. :) :minnie: :mickey:

MooseBrains
06-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Right there with you. When DH puts in his request for vacation he now doesn't say where we are going. His boss is was starting to wonder why we keep going back to Florida so now we say we are going to the beach to get warm.

I just unpacked summer clothes and found our matching clothes. Both boys have the post card shirts and I have the post card dress.

I can't find any other matching clothes on Disney shopping for the entire family. I need a dress and shirts for the guys.

DisneyMa
06-22-2008, 11:54 AM
same here. when DH asks for his vacation they just ask how many days are we going to be in the park!:rotfl: either that or we get a small list of everyone's park food wants (pretzels, fudge, cookies)

andrea2289
06-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Guilty!! We no sooner get back from Disney and we start talking about the next time we are going. My husband just left a few days ago to go back overseas again and I have seriously been contemplating just packing the kids up and going to Disney for a few days. It will be crowded but I don't care :rotfl: My family is also all down there so thats an extra bonus!!

OhMari
06-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I tend to wear Callie's Magic Music Days t-shirt or a different white t -shirt with a small Mickey on it, to my step-class at the YMCA. Sometimes I will wear it with my blue shorts, with a very subtle little Mickey Head. Callie has been coming along with me the last few times since school is out and our instructor asked her if she was a big Disney nut like me, since I always have on my Disney t-shirts. I was like, "hey, it gets washed after I wear it."

sammielynn
06-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I just got back from Church and I have on my Mickey earrings and necklace! Yep, we are know as a Disney family.

disney_girl
06-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Another guilty family here! We have so many Disney shirts between us it's crazy! Luckily we don't have any matching- other than I think DS and I have matching DL shirts from 2006. DH is not into the matching and would not go for that! I did notice this weekend, DH and I were both wearing our Saratoga Springs shirts we got in May (with SR $$$ of course)! But since they are different colors and styles I guess he didn't mind too much. lol

Our family and his co-workers pretty much know that's where we spend most vacations so I don't think they ask anymore. But they do know who to come to for any Disney advice!

ligrumpygirl
06-22-2008, 01:15 PM
This was kind of funny yesterday. We took DD5 to TCBY because DD7 had a birthday party to attend. When we were standing at the counter, the guy helping us said "Did you all just get back from Disney World or what?" I gave him a really funny look and he kind of motioned to our shirts. Turns out that all three of us were wearing Disney shirts! Totally nothing planned but apparently we just have SO MUCH Disney clothing now that even without trying, we all wear Disney clothes all the time. Thankfully, we were not wearing matching shirts. But it was funny just the same.

We do the same thing allll the time!!!

We are a Disney family, too. Last night, DD10 wanted to know if is it is expensive to get married in Disney World. I asked why. She said because she and Brennan (her best friend, always) were planning on getting married there.

Same here! I was married in a small ceremony and DD wants the BIG one now! She studies the Travel Channel specials making lists of what she wants. I am in trouble!!!

Our family and his co-workers pretty much know that's where we spend most vacations so I don't think they ask anymore. But they do know who to come to for any Disney advice!

Again same thing! I have a running list of my words of wisdom in my work computer. Whenever somebody asks for advice, I update my list and print it out!

Blessing and Miracle
06-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Too cute! :)

schaery
06-22-2008, 07:09 PM
A friend at church just asked me this a.m. if I had anything without Disney on it. Hmm....I don't think I have any Disney undies yet. That gives me an idea!

fanofree
06-22-2008, 09:16 PM
A friend at church just asked me this a.m. if I had anything without Disney on it. Hmm....I don't think I have any Disney undies yet. That gives me an idea!

DD does! There was a mighty spill at Epcot - she needed a WHOLE change from the waist down. (OK - can I admit I'm jealous? I wants me some Disney panties!)

Pooh's Pal
06-22-2008, 09:21 PM

Sounds like me at work...between the Mickey earrings and the Pooh watch, I get comments like that all the time. And when not at work, I'm always wearing something Disney, right down to my Disney Crocs!

SunshineGirl
06-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm actually the only person in my house without Disney underwear. :rotfl:

schaery
06-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Okay so where do we get some Disney Big Girl Panties??

SunshineGirl
06-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Okay so where do we get some Disney Big Girl Panties??

Now I am on a mission because you have me thinking!!

Crazy for Bargains (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/leads_sales.php?aid=211) has quite a few but they are in juniors sizes. Not sure how many of us can wear Juniors but here are some of them (2 pair for $7):

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_2007_1884120 http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_2007_2274974 http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_2007_1467030

Since this baby got "back," I'm going to continue my quest to find some a little bigger....

Pooh's Pal
06-22-2008, 10:45 PM
check out these.. XXX..and it looks like they have an affilate program :clap:

SunshineGirl
06-22-2008, 10:48 PM
check out these.. and it looks like they have an affilate program :clap:

That's the other place that I just applied for tonight but have not yet gotten approval for. LOL!

Pooh's Pal
06-22-2008, 11:07 PM
and dELIA's has some also
http://store.delias.com/itemSearchProcess.do?topnavTrack=search&SKW=disney

Magical JenK
06-23-2008, 12:09 AM

I have Disney undies!!:D Got them at Target a few years ago...they're still in good shape because I don't wear them often...they're my magical undies!! Brought out only when I want to be magical w/o anyone knowing!! :rotfl:

Back to the tshirts...I've decided I have 3 looks...Disney, bulldogs, or police dept...kinda makes me think I need to do some more "generic shopping"...you know because some people just don't get the Disney or Bulldog thing & the police thing...well most are navy blue & that's my LEAST favorite tshirt color.

schaery
06-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Now I am on a mission because you have me thinking!!

Crazy for Bargains (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/leads_sales.php?aid=211) has quite a few but they are in juniors sizes. Not sure how many of us can wear Juniors but here are some of them (2 pair for $7):

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_2007_1884120 http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_2007_2274974 http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crazyforbargains_2007_1467030

Since this baby got "back," I'm going to continue my quest to find some a little bigger....

Yeah, um, I could wear the junior sizes but my junior butt still has more back than those. I'm thinkin I'd be tugging on those. I'll check out the other sites.

schaery
06-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I have Disney undies!!:D Got them at Target a few years ago...they're still in good shape because I don't wear them often...they're my magical undies!! Brought out only when I want to be magical w/o anyone knowing!! :rotfl:

OMG - TMI!!!! :giggle: I think I'll make no further comments.

Hey, I understand about the tshirts - I only have 3 types too....Disney, Auburn (or a tiger), and The Smoky Mountains (My 2nd favorite vacation spot).

DisneyMa
06-23-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm always wearing something Disney too. No Disney panties for me, though.
It's usually a Disney purse, wallet, checkbook w/checks, pen, cell phone, Mickey mints, lipgloss, earrings, but having the Disney tattoo insures that I never leave the house without my mouse!:mickey::heart::minnie:

Pooh's Pal
06-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah Trisha..you got WEBUNDIES as a merchant :sunshine2:

Happy shopping for Disney Undies now!