Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Help!!!

Ok so I briefly talked to Mike last night on the phone and there was a really bad connection (he's at training in Dallas). We agreed no big presents this year since we have the wedding/honeymoon next year. But things perked up finance wise for us so I was still kinda interested in giving him a nicer present for his birthday next month (nicer than 1 polo and nothing else). So he mentioned the XBOX 360. It is on par with what I was thinking before our discussion about finances. I was leaning towards the PS3 (since he has the games for the PS2 already and it's a blue ray player) but he says he definitely wants the XBOX for the games.

So please help me. I went to bestbuy.com and searched for XBOX. There are 3 types showing: Regular, Elite, and Arcade and all at different prices. What is the difference and what should I look for?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

oh and you know what really sucks. He has the entire guitar hero set up for PS and I wanted to get GH Aerosmith this week. It won't be compatible

I will definitely talk again before buying but if he really wants this I need to know what to get. Anyone with teens?
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

No but I've been researching these lately. It really stinks he wants the xbox so bad bc the new PS3's that just came out on the 12th the new 80 gig are not only the new blue ray but are 80% backwards compaitable with PS2 games. DS has probably 30-40 games and wants a PS3. I told him he had to start saving for it. DH and I may kick in, bc honestly it's a better deal to buy a PS3 for the blue ray then it is just to buy the blue ray itself.

I never looked at the xbox bc it really is made for the teen + gamer age group and we're not there yet. They just didn't have the game selection for the younger crowd like the play station did.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I would go to Best Buy and talk to those guys. They know A LOT about the systems and some own 2 or 3 different ones and can tell you the +'s and -'s of each.
    Sunshine Rewards

I got DH one for Christmas so I know how confusing it can be.... I had no clue there were different versions until I started shopping.

Arcade includes 5 online games.... the system is still the same as core. A lot of places aren't selling just the core unit now though (250 something memory) so this may be cheapest. Unless online games is the biggest reason he wants the xbox it isn't worth paying more for, but sometimes this version is cheaper.

Elite has the most memory. My dh tends to play one game at a time so that didn't matter much to him. If Mike plays lots of games before finishing 1 game he may need more memory, but I didn't see it being worth the extra expense.

The regular is either the core system without online games or it is the core system plus more memory (if it cost most then the arcade it is because of the harddrive memory- again it is a matter of how many games he is playing at a given time).

The elite comes with the wireless head phones for online play, but you can buy these seperatly.

Oh yeah BTW..... DH has both PS3 and Xbox 360 (and yes they are just DH, he is such a child). He likes the Xbox game selection better but the quality of the images on ths PS3. He has never ever played a PS2 game on the PS3 since the day we bougt it..... the PS2 game looks like the same on the PS3 as the PS2 and he didn't want to take any shelf life away from PS3 by playing low quality games on it. If he ever wants to play a PS2 game he still uses the PS2

I like PS3 better for the blu-ray.

Ok so does the XBOX have memory cards or no? Is that why the memory componets are so important here?

I knew all about the PS3. I had researched it for months because I was going to surprise him and then he pulled this on me. I'll keep probing him though on why he's picking the XBOX over the PS3.

Goodness if he wasn't going to pick the PS3 he could have at least picked the Wii then I could play too.
    Sunshine Rewards

They have memory cards.... but they are like 50 dollars a piece and do not hold much data.... well they sound like they hold a lot, but the games are such high quality that it takes a lot of memory to hold them.

Quote Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
    They have memory cards.... but they are like 50 dollars a piece and do not hold much data.... well they sound like they hold a lot, but the games are such high quality that it takes a lot of memory to hold them.
    Thanks! Maybe I will make him do some research as well.
    Sunshine Rewards

does he want to be able to play online against other gamers? if so you can't do that with the core edition. you would need either the regular xbox 360 or the elite. i don't think that you really need the memory cards for the regular or elite because they have a hard drive that stores the data.

I was boo'd by KychaThanks sammielynn

If my sons were up they could answer all your questions. When DS17 is over his wisoom teeth thing he could answer all you questions. My boys know their video games, seems like we have them all.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards