Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVC .....

Default DVC .....

Please tell me why or why you don't buy into it! I talked to the nicest lady from DVC on the phone the other day and now we are trying to decide if we should do it or not! TIA

We bought in 2004 before our kids. At the time, we visited WDW once a year on a combined WDW/ Cruise vacation and stayed in deluxe resorts. Our son was born in 2004 and starting that year, we've managed at least 2 WDW or DL vacations every year. One vacation is usually around 4-5 days and the other is at least a week. It makes sense for the way we vacation at WDW (frequent trips and deluxe resorts).

If you do a search on this forum, you should find a good thread on when is DVC worth it- including some of the great perks for members. Here's the thread... http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=7847

We have never regretted our purchase...just that we didn't buy more and buy sooner!! Now, I'm just trying to convince DH to ADD ON more points!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Why I bought: When we bought we lived in AL. We would drive down for long weekends, so used it about 5 or 6 times a year. It was great and a good buy for sure, espcially with an annual pass, no airfare, and cheap gas at that time

Why I sold it: Divorced and moved back to NJ. So I would now have airfare and time off work to consider. I figured out for the cost of my annual dues $850ish), I could get almost 2 weeks at POP w/ AAA discount. Since it was just dd and I now, POP suited our needs just fine, and I was able to take the money from the resale and put into a high yield savings account.

That being said, if I ever was in a "financially independent" situation ever again, I'd buy DVC again in a heartbeat. I loved OKW. It will always be my "welcome home" Disney place. I'm hoping to rent some points to go back there sometime.

So it all depends on how much you'd use it, other costs involved etc.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for all your info. My DH thinks that we can plan our own trips for wherever and whenever and we won't have to pay that annual fee. I'm gonna check out that other thread and see what info I find there. Thanks again!

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

How did I miss this?! DO IT!!!! Best thing I ever did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    How did I miss this?! DO IT!!!! Best thing I ever did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Totally agree with Janet on this one!! And we both also love our home Saratoga Springs!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    Totally agree with Janet on this one!! And we both also love our home Saratoga Springs!!
    Sagatoga Springs (as my DD7 pronounces it!) is amazing...ask us questions and we will be glad to tell you everything about it!
    Sunshine Rewards

You can use me as a referral and I will be more than happy to split the reward in half with you.

There is incentive to buy!

But truly, I have gone more to Disney, stayed in a huge 1 br villa with a wash machine and dryer, a full patio and kitchen. Free internet, discount passes and shopping discounts.

Yes, it was expensive but I rather have my children say they remember the wonderful times in Disney.

Good luck either way.

Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Best thing we ever did also because we like to stay in the deluxe resorts. If you are satisfied staying in the value resorts or off site than it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to purchase DVC. We love driving up to the BCV and the guard saying to us "Welcome Home"
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Best thing we ever did also because we like to stay in the deluxe resorts. If you are satisfied staying in the value resorts or off site than it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to purchase DVC. We love driving up to the BCV and the guard saying to us "Welcome Home"
    WELCOME HOME...still gives me goosebumps 3 years and 7 or 8 trips later!
    Sunshine Rewards