Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVC .....

Well, the reason we bought ours was because we were going to Disney every year anyway and staying at the Port Orleans/Dixie Landing type hotels which cost about $129ish + tax per night in the mid-1990's

We did some number crunching and we ended up buying. Our only regret was that we didn't buy at the very beginning when they included free park passes.

We have added on twice since our initial purchase. The first time we did it was so we would have enough points for the Disney Mediterranean
    Cruise. The second time we added was because they had great incentives.

We feel pretty lucky to have so many points especially since they are adding two cruise ships and a destination in Hawaii, so we have so much to look forward to!!

i haven't bought in, because i can't afford it, and hubby so far will not go for it.

but doing my research it will pay itself off in a few years, if you go to disney and stay in deluxe hotels.

one good thing is, if you skip a year, and then borrow on the following year, then go on vacation the year inbetween, you should have lots of points to have a very nice stay or even take a cruise.

our last trip in june cost around 10K total, that included the transportation and pet boarding, food, everything. my trip this past april was around
    $4 or 5k and then our dec trip was at least $2k .

as you can see i could have bought into dvc and had it already pay for itself.

however now because of all those trips in a short amount of time, hubby has said no more for a while.

so i do think it depends on how often you go, and where you stay. oh i also told him about the kitchen and laundry being included as a selling point, and he said that isn't a selling point for me, because i wouldn't want that while in disney anyway. he has a point there.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesdare View Post
    i haven't bought in, because i can't afford it, and hubby so far will not go for it.

but doing my research it will pay itself off in a few years, if you go to disney and stay in deluxe hotels.

one good thing is, if you skip a year, and then borrow on the following year, then go on vacation the year inbetween, you should have lots of points to have a very nice stay or even take a cruise.

our last trip in june cost around 10K total, that included the transportation and pet boarding, food, everything. my trip this past april was around
    $4 or 5k and then our dec trip was at least $2k .

as you can see i could have bought into dvc and had it already pay for itself.

however now because of all those trips in a short amount of time, hubby has said no more for a while.

so i do think it depends on how often you go, and where you stay. oh i also told him about the kitchen and laundry being included as a selling point, and he said that isn't a selling point for me, because i wouldn't want that while in disney anyway. he has a point there.

You spent 10K last time ? Where did you stay and for how long ??????

Quote Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
    You spent 10K last time ? Where did you stay and for how long ??????
    10K was TOTAL. i mean everything. our transportation was approx $1,700; 4 dogs being kenneled was $800.
    we had 3 rooms at the movies. one room's package was approx $1800
    our 2 rooms package was around $5,700
    the packages included, the ddp, park hoppers/water parks plus for 6 days.
    the new clothes, the misting fans, cooling bandana's, the refill mugs, the extra water,soda, cooler, souvenirs etc.

18% tip at all the tables services except the royal table with was included.

adding all that up TOTAL probably comes to more than $10k, the trip was for 10 people also. oh i forgot the photopass cd, rofl so yes i do believe total was over the 10 mark.

remind me not to tell my hubby the truer amount. it doesn't take long to add up.

for aprils trip, i had a lot of add on's, like birthday cakes and celabration wishes cruise with cake, so that trip added up even though we stayed at the sports for 8 days, but the amount of people was only 2 for 8 days and 3 for 4 days.

dec's trip was on a good discount disney had and i only took my gd who was free because she was under 3.

eaglesdare... I need to teach you my gentle nagging technique

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentFever View Post
    eaglesdare... I need to teach you my gentle nagging technique
    i kmow i have my own way, which has worked so far.

but, please do share your version, as my way may stop working. rofl i'm open for just about anything!

Well... (wink, wink).... it may be what you are already doing (wink, wink)... as my husband goes crazy when he doesn't get ..... (bom chica bom bom).

Married almost 18 years. Works (almost) every time!

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentFever View Post
    Well... (wink, wink).... it may be what you are already doing (wink, wink)... as my husband goes crazy when he doesn't get ..... (bom chica bom bom).

Married almost 18 years. Works (almost) every time!
    OMG! I was eating while reading your post and almost spewed it all over myself!

We just bought DVC resale at BWV and I can't wait to go!
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards