Thread: The New Laptop is SR Approved!!!

Default The New Laptop is SR Approved!!!

I bought a new laptop last Friday and I've avoided doing SR offers until I had everything installed and triple checked the settings! Just tried my first two offers and one credited on the hour so looks like the settings are correct, and I can return to SR offers!!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

I saw you were having trouble and am happy you have things corrected. If I were not with an IT guy I wouldn't know what to do.

Welcome to your new laptop.

Sunshine Rewards

Would you mind telling us what kind of laptop you got? I am going to have to replace mine soon. Don't want to end up with one that is not SR compatible.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
    Would you mind telling us what kind of laptop you got? I am going to have to replace mine soon. Don't want to end up with one that is not SR compatible.

Laura
    Oh...I don't think you could buy one that wasn't SR compatible. I just wanted to get all my updates installed, firewall and defender turned off, etc.

But I bought a pretty awesome HP from Best Buy. It's an HP Pavillion Entertainment PC dv6000. I have already fell in love with it. I'm picky about keyboards and weight and tested almost every notebook at Best Buy and then took my minimum spec list from my Dad and I think ended up with a super machine. I'm a Toshiba laptop fan, but the HP was more computer for the buck!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Oh...I don't think you could buy one that wasn't SR compatible. I just wanted to get all my updates installed, firewall and defender turned off, etc.

But I bought a pretty awesome HP from Best Buy. It's an HP Pavillion Entertainment PC dv6000. I have already fell in love with it. I'm picky about keyboards and weight and tested almost every notebook at Best Buy and then took my minimum spec list from my Dad and I think ended up with a super machine. I'm a Toshiba laptop fan, but the HP was more computer for the buck!
    And, what is Dad's minimum spec list? I am in the market, but haven't bought one in 3-4 yrs so I am not familiar with the newer stuff. TIA

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Kimberly I have the same laptop. I got mine at a REALLY great price from Best Buy also. I got mine back in November and after a little bit of trial and error for a few months I am now getting credits for 90% of the things I do.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

ooh that is good to hear. eventually i'll be looking for a laptop so I'll remember this thread.
    Sunshine Rewards

The HP Pavillion Entertainment series is exactly what I have been looking at. Did you get a 17" screen? I like the ones with the numeric keypad on the side.

I'll have to keep my eye out for bargains at Best Buy.

Thanks........Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    And, what is Dad's minimum spec list? I am in the market, but haven't bought one in 3-4 yrs so I am not familiar with the newer stuff. TIA
    I'm still looking for the list. If I don't find it tomorrow, I'll just ask him again this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Kimberly I have the same laptop. I got mine at a REALLY great price from Best Buy also. I got mine back in November and after a little bit of trial and error for a few months I am now getting credits for 90% of the things I do.
    Awesome! Do you know anything specific that you changed that I should go ahead and do? I've been nervous over Vista, but it seems ok. I'm about to try another offer or two.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    ooh that is good to hear. eventually i'll be looking for a laptop so I'll remember this thread.
    Well so far I love this one, Catherine! I really, really do. It has a web cam built into the top of the screen and I'm thinking about testing it out for a video blog.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
    The HP Pavillion Entertainment series is exactly what I have been looking at. Did you get a 17" screen? I like the ones with the numeric keypad on the side.

I'll have to keep my eye out for bargains at Best Buy.

Thanks........Laura
    Well I didn't go for one with the numeric keypad and mine is the 15.4" screen as I wanted small and lightweight. I like to be able to carry mine back and forth without it being a PITA to carry. But the keyboard is one feature I really like. I've had several laptops in the last 7 years - this is the 6th one, and I think this is my favorite keyboard so far. I can't explain it, but it just types so well for me...it's just the right texture or something...
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards