Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same surveys over and over?

Default Same surveys over and over?

I am having problems getting new surveys. For the last 3 days or so I always get the same surveys (greenfield and otx) that I have either completed last week or have gotten eliminated from after ALOT of questions. Is this normal? Should I go ahead and do the surveys that I have done already? That doesn't seem like right thing to do but when I get one of those surveys I have to either back click or start all over.

What's a gal to do?

Are you changing your e-mail address? If you're sticking to one e-mail, one demographic, you shouldn't be getting surveys you already took.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

As Heidi said, make sure you are always using the same exact email address. You shouldn't get the same surveys more than once. However, some surveys seem to start out similar and then branch off different.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, on the greenfield surveys it doesn't ask for my email. And on the otx surveys I always put my primary email in on the home page. The only time I use a different email is for offers and newsletter signups.

I have gotten the exact same survey, movie clips and all 3 times this week already! I completed that one last week. I also get a video game console survey at least everyother day even though I check the box that says I have done a video game survey in the last 3 months. I have gotten 2 surveys about energy drinks. 2 surveys about Care Bear Movies. 4 surveys about cell phone usage that are the same survey and I never qualify for it.

Is there something else I am doing wrong? Should I complete surveys more than one time?
    Last edited by BuzzandAriel'sMom; 07-02-2008 at 03:29 PM.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

All surveys should be asking for your email at some point before going to the filter questions. So make sure you keep the same demographics and email the same every time.

That said for OTX you will get similar filter questions at first before going to the survey. Additionally, with surveys there are some that are on the same or similar topics but are different. Case in point Mike took his DS the last 2 nights and it was on the same product but in different packaging under different names. Since it was "different" per Greenfield's eyes they allowed him to take both. They will never "let" you take the same survey unless you change your email or demographics on them. Same with OTX in most cases.
    Sunshine Rewards

Good to know because it seems like by the first few questions I am getting the same survey from OTX, but now I will let them go all the way through.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by jenvance View Post
    Good to know because it seems like by the first few questions I am getting the same survey from OTX, but now I will let them go all the way through.
    Yes they don't have the "filter questions" to check off before you start like GF does. They just do those standard "filter" questions during the "survey qualifying" process and then once they match you up the real survey starts.
    Sunshine Rewards

And with the OTX, if you don't qualify for the surveys, who knows what the survey is actually going to be about? The OP isn't qualifying for them, just getting started with them, so they might totally change, once you get into them.

Or they don't know exactly who you are, so they might offer up the same ones and boot you out once they realize you still don't qualify for them (anyone ever tempted to go buy or eat or do something so you can answer a qualifying question differently, honestly? lol).
    Sunshine Rewards

Okay, so it must have been a fluke that it let me all the way through some of those surveys with video clips. I guess I will keep doing what I'm doing and hope that I'm doing it right!

I just signed up on 6/13 and got the June survey bonus for 10 surveys so I must be doing something right

OP, I hear you, at least with OTX. I use the same demographics and get the same ones occasionally that always elimimate me. Lately, it's one on casual restaurant dining. There's another on game systems, and one about sports and NFL. I get booted from them everytime, and it is annoying because it's quite a few questions before they boot me. I've tried them numerous times but now I just get out of them and try again.