Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats in your closet?

I have tons of stuff in my closet, especially for kids. whenever I have extra money i check out the clearance aisle, because DD and DS always get invited to bday parties and stuff.
    Sunshine Rewards

I too put stuff in the gift closet all year long. I like to keep birthday gifts in it especially things suitable for little girls. It seems like my DD is invited to a birthday party at least once or twice a month. It is nice to have stuff on hand. I also like to keep stuff that can be used as thank you's, housewarmings, new baby, newlywed, etc. These seem to be those one time things to pop up out of the blue that I need a small gift for.

I currently have a few items saved up, but I better go check out the deals. One can never be too prepared!!

Right now my closet is really bare. I have 2 Minnie beach towels for our next disney trip (hopefully next spring) and a bunch of Hannah Montana stocking stuffer type items I picked up from Targets dollar spot (journals, stickers, pencil case, sticky notes and etc).

I need to get start my Christmas shopping. Normally I am done by now.
    Sunshine Rewards

Okay, I know you guys aren't gonna believe me, but I don't have a gift closet. Really, I don't. I use too, but I would always forget about the stuff and end up buying something else or I would give it to the kids the same day.

But for sure, I love the July specials. And right now, I need to detress!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I am terrible about this! I have absolutely nothing left in my gift closet. I mean NOTHING! I need to stock up while the merchants are running such good deals because I know we'll see a lull again until the official holiday shopping season starts in October.
    Tricia......

I am at that point to!!! I was always well stocked (actually overstocked) but somehow it has dwindled to NOTHING!!!! and I can't stand it! Partly I think because I haven't gone to the Mall in a while (or poked around Target or Walmart)........today I am going to try to get a little shopping done while I am on the deck watching the girls swim around!

Beach towel at Disney shopping would make great present all year long.....who doesn't like their own disney towel (the girls friends would love them....) and then at the end of the summer buy up clearanced beach bags....put the towell in with snacks/beach stuff and you have an instant present!

Thanks for this thread.....giving me ideas!!

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lorisnuts View Post
    Hannah Montana stocking stuffer type items I picked up from Targets dollar spot (journals, stickers, pencil case, sticky notes and etc).
    LOL... April and I were just at Target before we took the kids to the movies, and we picked up these items for our DD's bday parties!

I love Target clearance.. the best is after xmas though, even though I just noticed they have a couple end caps full of clearance. I usually have enough in my closet to have bday presents throughout the year.. including for my own children. It's more toys than anything, even though I am starting to pick up stuff for the adults too!

If I could get through ordering on Disney Shopping today, I'd be stocking up on both toys and adult stuff, but they keep kicking me out.
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

I'm in the midst of re-organizing all the closets in this house. What a job!

When I first read this thread I thought it was about clothes. I have 8 large trash bags full of clothes for donation.

I have several things that I have already bought for Christmas. Plus a stock of Yankee candles (gotta love thier sales) and Disney towels. No little kiddies to go to birthday parties anymore so only toys are ones for future gifting to my grandson & daughter.

Seems like everyone is having a sale and lots of merchants are offering free shipping. They must have read the article about the sunshine poll.

Time to get shopping!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I have a gift closet too. It is quite bare right now. I do have some stocking stuffers bought but no where near where I would usually be. Plus now I have my grandson to be. Thanks for posting....I need to get on the ball.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
    I have a gift closet too. It is quite bare right now. I do have some stocking stuffers bought but no where near where I would usually be. Plus now I have my grandson to be. Thanks for posting....I need to get on the ball.
    Marilyn.........congratulations!!! When is your gandson due?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Just looking around at our Christmas in July sales--I found some cute stuff to have on hand at Mikasa. The prices are great and you get 8% back right now. Go take a look at the Peppermint Clear - Votive, 2 3/4" for $5.99 and the Adelaide - Bud vase, 8 3/20" for $9.99. These would be great quick gifts for a thank you or house warming. I think everyone loves candles and flowers!!