Thread: american red cross

kxmeeh is offline ymca...wasn't one of them a potato farmer???

Default american red cross

sorry if this is somewhere else, but i didn't see it. For the next 2 months, the sunshine gang is collecting for the american red cross. So far, we have 25.00 and it's still early in the first month. I know when we are clicking for pennies, 5.00 seems like alot, but imagine how little it would seem if they were helping your family. Since my sister was 5 years old,and for the rest of her life, every 3 weeks she has to go for blood transfusions. I know first hand how much those volunteers help is needed, but money is very important for their operations too. I would personally love to see us hit the entire 500.00. thanks for letting me go on like this!

Quote Originally Posted by kxmeeh View Post
    sorry if this is somewhere else, but i didn't see it. For the next 2 months, the sunshine gang is collecting for the american red cross. So far, we have 25.00 and it's still early in the first month. I know when we are clicking for pennies, 5.00 seems like alot, but imagine how little it would seem if they were helping your family. Since my sister was 5 years old,and for the rest of her life, every 3 weeks she has to go for blood transfusions. I know first hand how much those volunteers help is needed, but money is very important for their operations too. I would personally love to see us hit the entire 500.00. thanks for letting me go on like this!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

What a great organization for Donation Station! I live in Cedar Rapids, IA where there has been significant flooding. Fortunately, my home was not involved but many homes and business have been affected. The Red Cross has had a great presence here by handing out gift cards to people who have lost everything just to buy necessities and supplies to the voluteers who are helping clean up.

Also, just a reminder that will also help the Red Cross. The American Girl doll, Kit Kittredge is now up for auction. The high bid right now is way, way below what you could ever think of buying an American Girl for. So come on, everyone who is interested, bid on Kit. All of that money will also go to the Red Cross disaster relief fund and whoever wins Kit will make some little girl very happy!

Yes, thanks for sharing. It makes it more personable when we can hear stories like this one! And God bless your Dear Sister as I know first hand how miserable AND how blessed it is to receive blood!
    Sunshine Rewards

Just to add a little:

My Uncle Eddie (who has since passed) suffered from a rare blood disorder and had to go every week to 'replenish' what was lost.......it gave him some more time with his family and literally brought him back to life.....my cousin Brenda (one of his daughers) still gives blood religiously and she is always commenting on how sad it is to see the facility so 'slow'..........and I also have a friend who is a volunteer for the Red Cross (has been for over 25 years) and is always imploring her family and friends to do their part.....especially when she has just arrived home after being away from her family for 5 days because families were devastated by a fire (some of you may remember one of our friends on SR ...nicholsfamily.) who's parents lived near a community that was going thru a horrible fire in an apartment complex.....who are the second people on the scene after fire.....you guessed it Red Cross......

Please consider donating for this worthy cause.....it helps save lives in many ways.

Okay off my soapbox! Thanks for listening

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Bumpity bump bump.

One month left to reach $500!

To participate in our American Red Cross Drive, visit the Rewards page. Simply choose "$5 American Red Cross Donation" as your cash out option. 5.00 will be deducted from your account. The American Red Cross Drive will last until August 30, and donations will be matched up until the total cash outs are $500.

Sunshine Rewards Donation Station
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards