Thread: Merchant Tip About Shopping Credits

Default Merchant Tip About Shopping Credits

I received an answer to a merchant inquiry today that included a very good explanation about why we did not receive credit. I thought it would be a good one to share with all of you. If we do not receive credit for a shopping transaction, it is sometimes because another site was paid instead. Here's what the merchant had to say about that. We don't want this to happen to you. Take Note. . .

Why did another Affiliate receive credit for this sale?
    Typically, this occurs when a Member is shopping through your site, but uses another site to find a coupon code or coupon deal, like free shipping. It is the final click before transaction who will receive commission on that sale.* As the last cookie wins, the sale went to another Affiliate.

Your best bet is to use one site (Sunshine Rewards! ) exclusively OR be more cautious when looking for good coupon deals. Don't click around while in the middle of a transaction. Your credit could be jeopardized. That makes all of us sad!

Thanks for that info. I'll remember to look around for coupon codes before I start shopping, and make sure to erase the cookies.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

I made this mistake and instead of receiving sunshine rewards from SEPHORIA I got a crummy lip gloss ring that didn't even fit my finger.

Live and learn.

Please remember too that using NON SR coupons or coupons NOT posted onsite by the merchant could jeopardize your credit as well.