Thread: DVC Questions

Question DVC Questions

I am thinking of getting into the Disney Vacation Club, but I have some quesitons. I would love to hear from DVC owners. First, is it safe to buy from a timeshare resale? Next, is a person who purchase through a resale, considered the same status as someone who purchases directly from Disney?

I do not really want to spend $16000+ up front. Is it possible to start smaller and purchase additional points from a resale? Do they all have to be from the same resort? I see that some resales do not even list a resort. I am confused as to how this works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I used to have DVC in Old Key West but had to sell after a divorce

When I sold I had to sign a gagillion legal papers, so I think it is pretty safe.

I know you get all the same benefits / privilages. You own the DVC, just like anyone else.

I know you can start small and add points. I believe that they can be from different resorts, but keeping them in the same resort/month will make it easier for reservation planning I think.

I can pm you w/ the company I used, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to "advertise" it here. I can say they were very efficient, my place sold 2 days after listing.

I loved DVC/OKW...if I ever hit it big on a contest or fall into some primo paying job it's the first splurge I'd go for! Have fun & good luck.

Another thing to consider if you will be buying resale. Go for a WDW visit if you can and tour all of them to see what you like best.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Why are the DVCs deeded only for a certain number of years? What happens to it after that?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    I used to have DVC in Old Key West but had to sell after a divorce

When I sold I had to sign a gagillion legal papers, so I think it is pretty safe.

I know you get all the same benefits / privilages. You own the DVC, just like anyone else.

I know you can start small and add points. I believe that they can be from different resorts, but keeping them in the same resort/month will make it easier for reservation planning I think.

I can pm you w/ the company I used, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to "advertise" it here. I can say they were very efficient, my place sold 2 days after listing.

I loved DVC/OKW...if I ever hit it big on a contest or fall into some primo paying job it's the first splurge I'd go for! Have fun & good luck.

Another thing to consider if you will be buying resale. Go for a WDW visit if you can and tour all of them to see what you like best.
    Please do PM me. I am confused with all this. I am really wanting to buy into it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Question

I would like to start small...say with 50 points or so and then add to it - maybe Key West. Is this possible? How do you add points once you acquire some? Sorry for all these questions.
    Sunshine Rewards

I sent you a pm. I hope it makes sense!!

Thumbs up

Thanks so much! Your PM was very helpful! Now...if we could only earn DVC gift cards at SR ! LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Thanks so much! Your PM was very helpful! Now...if we could only earn DVC gift cards at SR ! LOL
    Or even if they took Disney GC , here, I'd like to pay with this pile of gift cards. I'll go walk around the boardwalk while you're processing them. Have a disney day!

Hey, say a $20,000 dvc, goal to get a $50 card each month, in 33 years I'd be all set. Could scoop up a deal for all those 2042 people not renewing!
    Last edited by cglaura; 06-30-2007 at 05:08 PM.

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I just ran across this post and wanted to tell you that we LOVE our DVC!! The biggest problem that I find is that I want to go MORE!!!! Love that DVC AP discount!
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Or even if they took Disney GC , here, I'd like to pay with this pile of gift cards. I'll go walk around the boardwalk while you're processing them. Have a disney day!

Hey, say a $20,000 dvc, goal to get a $50 card each month, in 33 years I'd be all set. Could scoop up a deal for all those 2042 people not renewing!

One thing I did was finance through Disney and pay it off on my Disney credit card so I got Rewards $$!!
    Sunshine Rewards