Thread: Shopping for shoes at Zappo's

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Default Shopping for shoes at Zappo's

So, I found these shoes on Zappo's at the end of June but waited to place my order in July to count towards the new quarter....at the time they only had 3 pairs of these left and I checked daily, when I went to place the order...guess what, my size was SOLD OUT! I've been checking everyday just in case and this morning they had ONE pair...I grabbed them and this is the email I got back:

Oh, I hope they fit, after all this! This is my first order that I have placed with them and I'm very impressed with this company so far!

Good news!

Although you originally ordered Standard (4 to 5 business days) shipping
    and handling, we have given your order special priority processing in
    our warehouse and are upgrading the shipping and delivery time frame for your order.
    Your order will ship out Monday, July 14th 2008 and be given a special priority shipping status so that
    you can receive your order even faster than we originally promised!

Please note that this is being done at no additional cost to you. It is
    simply our way of saying thank you for being our customer.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

From what I have been reading, Zappos is considered one of the absolute best online merchants for customer service. I've never actually ordered from them. I'll be anxious to hear how everyone's experiences are.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Crap, if I'd realized there was a chance of this the other day, I would have considered placing my emergency shoe order with them instead of Shoebuy! I needed those shoes like a week ago and won't get them till Monday. I did find a backup pair at the mall today in case the Shoebuy ones don't work.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I'm so glad to see that you ordered from them. They were placed on SR because of several requests. We try to put as many merchants up as we can when they are requested, however, when we don't see any sales (especially with this place, I had to beg them), then we take a chance of losing them and never getting them back.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I'm so glad to see that you ordered from them. They were placed on SR because of several requests. We try to put as many merchants up as we can when they are requested, however, when we don't see any sales (especially with this place, I had to beg them), then we take a chance of losing them and never getting them back.
    Oooo...I will have to check them out more closely! I browsed briefly but hadn't ordered anything yet. I also have heard very positive things about Zappos...I will definately have to order something soon to do my part in keeping them around.
    Deana
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

We ordered sunglasses from them on Wednesday and they came yesterday. It was awesome.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've scored some deals on Zappos before. They always have 2-3 day shipping but don't advertise it for some reason. My only complaint with them and it is small is that when you try to get them to match prices from other sites they only will if the shoe is in your size at the other place and they add in shipping from the other site to the cost of the difference so they aren't too straightforward on that end.
    Sunshine Rewards