Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2Q SM Gift!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I just talked to the post office in my city and they said that it didn't happen there but that they guess that it happened in Indianapolis at the "automation" point. They said that if one envelope gets caught, it can rip all of them that come after it until they stop the machine. That just makes me want to cry.
    Do you think they should maybe have someone watching the machine at all times then if thats a problem. Our gov't at work.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    how very odd that some are torn up and others aren't, it just doesn't make sense, they all go through the same machine when they leave, so maybe its the machines that process them upon arrival.
    My DH actually works with these machine in the postal processing plants. He showed me pictures he took of the machines - all the wheels, gears, turns. It's difficult for regular envelopes with bulkier things in them to navigate all those twists and turns, so a lot of times the machine gets backed up because the envelope can't go thru. So he, and other electronic techs have to hurry, shut down the machine, and fix the issue. Meantime, of course, envelopes can get ripped and items lost.
    I guess there are machines for processing regular envelopes, and ones maybe for the padded envelopes. Or it could be just that it easier for the padded envelopes to go thru the machines with bulkier things in them.
    I don't understand it all, of course. But at least I have learned that the PO wold rather I use padded envelopes to send bulkier items!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Just wondering . . . was every SM supposed to get one? I became a SM for the first time this quarter but never received anything. My first thought was that new SM were not supposed to get them. But with all of the reports of people not getting them, I started to wonder and thought maybe I would ask. There's always tomorrow . . .
    Barb

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    Just wondering . . . was every SM supposed to get one? I became a SM for the first time this quarter but never received anything. My first thought was that new SM were not supposed to get them. But with all of the reports of people not getting them, I started to wonder and thought maybe I would ask. There's always tomorrow . . .
    These were a thank you gift for being last quarter sm's. So look forward to getting one at the end of this quarter/start of next! Just one of those perks that makes SR such a great place
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks! Now I really want to stay a SM!!
    Barb

With a lot of posts of the envies being torn up and gifts being lost, have you thought about a padded envie or a tyvek envie instead...probably a bit more to send, but it may even out without all the re-sends.
    Michelle

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by MKelley226 View Post
    With a lot of posts of the envies being torn up and gifts being lost, have you thought about a padded envie or a tyvek envie instead...probably a bit more to send, but it may even out without all the re-sends.
    Yeah. We're going to have to do something. The problem is that it is getting more and more expensive to send out SM gifts. So we've already been struggling with trying to keep it going each quarter. We're going to have to get creative.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Yeah. We're going to have to do something. The problem is that it is getting more and more expensive to send out SM gifts. So we've already been struggling with trying to keep it going each quarter. We're going to have to get creative.
    That's because we all love to stay SM and once you make it, nobody wants to give it up! You are very creative, I'm sure you will think of something!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

How about if you put a special offer on the sm page, like "All the proceeds from this survey/offer will go to the mailing of next quarter's sm gifts." I think the majority of sm's would be willing to try for the credit/donation.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Maybe along those same lines, is there any way that we could have an option to contribute some of our earnings back to Sunshine Rewards IF we so choose? The money could be used to offset postage, etc. Not sure of the legalities or logistics of it, but I think quite a few members would be willing to do this if possible!
    Sunshine Rewards