Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heres the deal...

What about "Reminder?"

Sunshine Rewards

how about FYI.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Maybe Note or Notice?

I don't really have a problem with warning though.

And a big and for those working to make this such a great community. You are appreciated even if sometimes it doesn't feel like it (just like a good mom!)
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    What about "Reminder?"

Maybe for a first warning - that's something that would perhaps help people not think they're being scolded or scalded or whatever! More of an - here's your oops moment, try not to do it again.
    It's true - some words are kind of like a red flag in people's perception.
    The word 'warning' does serve to make an impression though! An impression that it is important to remember these rules.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Thats some very good points, and if the mods sometime seem a little irritated, its because they are. Sometimes we give a warning, and edit the post, and 3 posts later, someone does the same thing. At times it can be exasperating, and sometimes its the "no tone heard" that does make it seem harsher then it is. I guess what Im wanting is for the membership not to take it to heart, and to understand why we have the rules in place and why we have mods to enforce them and to maybe, occasionally, just review the stickies which would help avoid a lot of this. Maybe we can even do a poll or have a contest on the best word to replace "warning".
    I can completely understand how exasperating it can be when the same things are done over and over or the same questions over and over.
    Heck I've been around for almost a year and once in a while I just get too excited or have a brain fart and go and type something I shouldn't. I don't mean to do it, I catch it after the fact and even before I can edit it a mod has it taken care of. I usually check to see which mods are on and apoligize for my goof, bc I know that they are doing this on their OWN time. There also have been times where posts have been deleted and I just pm a mod (instead of a discussion on the forum) and ask for an explanation if I don't understand exactly why it was removed. I'm not questioning their authority when I do it, I usually say right off the bat, that I understand that they have to but for future reference could you tell me why.......just so I don't do it again.

So anyhow.... GOOD JOB bc like someone else said no one gets flamed here and that's what keeps everyone coming back.

A rule is a rule, 9 times out of 10 if your boss tells you to do something, you do it, you don't question them! (Still trying to get my kids to understand that one.)
    Sunshine Rewards

Unfortunately, it's the software itself that has "warning" built in, so we can't really change it. Our only options are "warning" or straight to infraction. ACK! We wouldn't want to do that.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Words in type are so hard to understand since there is no body language and facial cues to take in what context they are being said.

Because of that what may come off harsh is just someone trying to help. When a response is very matter of fact or snarky I remind myself that I asked for the help and it may not be the answer I want but it is an answer. The person who replied has taken time to "help" me understand something. JMO

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think the key is to try not to read too into things if the mod replies to a thread or gives you a warning about something. The reason we give you a heads up is so that you can avoid the infraction. Typically we aren't too mad or yelling if you get a warning. They do expire after 10 days so they don't stay on your permanent record. We try to save our anger for the spammers and sending them infractions.
    Sunshine Rewards

Sometimes I feel like if I haven't had a chance to look over the forum during the day I become very lost....and I am an 'old timer' on SR. At first I was reading cindy's post thinking we got a new 'deal' for shopping (I am not that quick, I am the first to admit it)

Now that I am up to speed........I agree with what cindy and the sr gang has said......you cannot take the wording too personally...after all they are words and we cannot hear the tone of people (I choose to hear everyone with a postivie/upbeat voice.....that way I am not offended when things are said that may not be how I would have written them).

Rules are rules and they are clearly posted.

That being said........if I ever offend anyone in future of have in the past....I apologize up front

Have a great day!!

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

I'm just lucky there's no such thing as a Felony; I'm sure I'd be the first!!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards