Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerobic Shoes?

Default Aerobic Shoes?

I need to buy aerobic shoes/sneakers. I just started an aerobics class and was wondering why I was such an uncoordinated space shot (okay......it's not just the shoes ), until the instructor mentioned my shoes.

I looked at them on a couple of the shoe sites. Wow!!! There are way too many to choose from.

Zappo's really described the differences between athletic shoes well so I know what to buy and why.......but the brands!!

Any particular brand anyone recommends?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Depends on your feet. I find that my "toe box" is wide so I stick with Adidas, Asics, or Avias. Others have narrow "toe boxes" and find Nike to work.

I would suggest if you have a famous footwear near by to go try on these brands and see what works and then order some pretty shoes online.
    Sunshine Rewards

I recently started a new aerobics class and had to get new shoes too. I have always had Nike's but they just weren't cutting it for this class. I do have to add that I HATE wearing shoes of any kind. If I could have bare feet or wear flip flops the rest of my life I'd be one happy camper! I got New Balance shoes this time and have to say they are the most comfortable tennis shoes I have ever had and the most light weight by far. They also offer plenty of support for my class. Good luck getting new shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I need to buy aerobic shoes/sneakers. I just started an aerobics class and was wondering why I was such an uncoordinated space shot (okay......it's not just the shoes ), until the instructor mentioned my shoes.

I looked at them on a couple of the shoe sites. Wow!!! There are way too many to choose from.

Zappo's really described the differences between athletic shoes well so I know what to buy and why.......but the brands!!

Any particular brand anyone recommends?
    Another vote for New Balance. I haven't worn anything but NB for several years. They might cost a little more but they hold up well and give good support. Have fun choosing a pair- and getting your SR credit!!

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

I recently started walking for exercise - and for getting ready for WDW. I bought a new pair of New Balance. OMG! I wish I had tried them sooner. Soooo comfy! Talked DH into buying a pair too.
    Elaine

I do have New Balance which I love, but they are walking shoes. They were the ones I have been wearing.

From what I have been reading, the aerobic shoes will help me with balance and pivoting. The class has a lot of pivoting and quick moves plus it's on carpet and not harwood. I think the carpet is contributing to my clumsiness........yeah.......that sounds good.......that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Catherine......that is a great idea. I have a wide foot so the toe thing would impact me. I have a Famous Footworks right down the street.

Thanks everyone!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I love going there to try on tennis shoes but usually the colors aren't my thing so I'll just remember the style and check shoebuy or zappos for something that is more fashionable. This should do the trick for you. Good luck.
    Sunshine Rewards

I went to FF and I'm more confused than ever. None of the shoes were marked as aerobic shoes. Some were marked as running shoes, other's marked as crosstrainers. The very very very young clerk told me I should be looking for crosstrainers???

I know what size I wear in NB they seem to work for me. I found several crosstrainers on both Zappo's and Shoebuy. Catherine (or anyone who knows) would crosstrainers work?

Kathie

there use to be a brand called Ryka (I think that is it) that were specifically for aerobics. Do you have a Bob's Store near you? They have a huge selection and are set up by category (walking, crosstraining, running, etc) I would try them......and i would also so a search for new balance (or even call their customer service) to find out if they carry aerobic. I also love NB (just bought a new pair on shoebuy)

Good luck

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

We do have a Bob's store but it's not exactly near me. DH used to go there all the time for shoes before we found the online sites.

I looked at those Ryka's. They make all kinds of athletic shoes now.

I found a pair of New Balance on Zappo's, I am going to go with. I really wanted pink and white and they have it in a wide. One other shoe site had it but not in wide.

I have a couple of pairs of NB shoes so I know what size will fit me. It's the NB WX780 and is listed as a lightweight, flexible trainer. Hopefully they will help me to stay upright during class.

Thanks for the help, Pam
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 07-18-2008 at 03:38 PM.