Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aerobic Shoes?

I bet part of your problem is the carpet. I've never taken an aerobics class on carpeting and can imagine that it could really make a difference.

It sounds like you made a really good choice. I think cross trainers or walking shoes would both work well. One of my criteria is that they have to be very lightweight, as I said, I hate to wear shoes, so the weight makes a big difference for me, not only in the way they feel on my foot but how well I perform in a class because of how my feet feel. I think Ryka's are still made. I'm a big water aerobics person and they make shoes specifically for water aerobics, but are very expensive.

Good luck! Let us know how the NB work for you when they come!

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    I bet part of your problem is the carpet. I've never taken an aerobics class on carpeting and can imagine that it could really make a difference.
    I thought that was unusual. The last time I went to an exercise class (24 years ago) it was harwood.

It sounds like you made a really good choice. I think cross trainers or walking shoes would both work well. One of my criteria is that they have to be very lightweight, as I said, I hate to wear shoes, so the weight makes a big difference for me, not only in the way they feel on my foot but how well I perform in a class because of how my feet feel. I think Ryka's are still made. I'm a big water aerobics person and they make shoes specifically for water aerobics, but are very expensive.

Good luck! Let us know how the NB work for you when they come!

Thanks!!

I guess I am not the only one who has trouble. I have come close to falling a few times but always caught myself before I hit the deck. Now I am very careful how I pick up my feet. Someone else went down hard yesterday in class. She didn't break anything but she got a good rug burn. Think I will stick to capri's or long pants until I am a little more steady on my feet.

I haven't gone to an exercise class since my daughter was 3 (she's 27). Practicing and new shoes hopefully will do the trick.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I haven't gone to an exercise class since my daughter was 3 (she's 27). Practicing and new shoes hopefully will do the trick.[/QUOTE]

You sound like me except I have a son who's 27! Except for some walking over the years I hadn't done much until I had a total hip replacement 6 years ago which is what started me in water aerobics. I do the pretty hard core boot camp water classes and have now started the Les Mills Body Vive and Body Flow classes. They are great and low impact land classes which is what my joints can tolerate without injury. Good luck with your class and stay on your feet!

The water aerobics sounds like it could be fun. I hate the water though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    Good luck with your class and stay on your feet!
    Thanks......and let's hope!! Isn't that banana doing an aerobic move???
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Sounds like you made a good shoe choice! I just bought running shoes and there are sooo many to choose from! I ended up with trail runnung shoes so we'll see what those do lol.

That does seem a little odd to have carpet. I would imagine it would be easy to get tripped up. But with new shoes and some practice, you'll do great and hopefully have fun in the process!
    Sunshine Rewards