Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any way to buy DW park tix & get credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    I agree..DWtickets is the way to go, for SR credit.

Not to hijack this thread but did you all hear about someone on Ebay selling Fast Passes!! OMG, some people will buy anything on Ebay.
    Yep, they sell expired fast passes, baby sway passes, used APs and even GACs

Sorry if I sounded kind of preachy in my earlier posts. I would just hate to see anyone get taken in that scam on ebay. I wouldn't have said anything except for the fact that it is rampant in that particular category! I'm actually surprised that ebay continues to let them be sold on there!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but did you all hear about someone on Ebay selling Fast Passes!! OMG, some people will buy anything on Ebay.
    Yes I did...pathetic isn't it?

It is sad that people get so greedy they must do things like this. Ebay can be very safe IF you are an informed knowledgeable buyer. I have bought/sold for years and years and have never had a negative transaction. With that being said, I am very careful about who I buy from.
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I think for most things it can be a very good place to buy from. I have seen so many times where people think they are buying WDW tickets from someone reputable on ebay and then find out at disney the tickets are no good and the person had stolen someone elses account so it would look as though they were reputable. I would NEVER suggest to anyone to buy off of ebay for this type of ticket. The amount you can save is not worth the pain and aggravation of standing at the gate with tickets that are not any good. As a matter of fact I was just reading on Anita Answer from allears.net and she gave a person a good scolding about not buying them off of ebay. Good luck finding them!
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Unfortunately that is what ruins it for honest sellers. There are a lot of very honest people that sell Disney passes on Ebay. I am not saying that you should, just that greed ruins it for everyone. Anytime I list a high-ticket item, I include my phone number so that a buyer can call me anytime. Seems like the whole identity theft thing is just getting out of control. Too bad there isn't a better system to protect the buyer, because Ebay is a wonderful venue to sell/buy things like this.
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I agree. I think ebay is an awesome place to buy things. We used to buy football cards for Brandon all the time before kids came along. I would still buy collectibles on there at the drop of a hat because those types of things are owned by individuals and how else would they sell them? I really need to look in to buying gift cards like you do. With those at least you get them quickly and can find out quickly if they are any good and file a complaint quickly if you need to.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am still a pecker!

I do not recommend anyone just popping on Ebay for the first time and buying something. There is a lot to know and learn. I guess I just feel comfortable with it because I've been there so long but I need to remember many people haven't. I am very cautious and find myself not buying things all the time because I just don't feel comfortable with the seller for whatever reason. I have never bought Disney tickets, but I have bought the gift cards. They all have been under $50 except the last one I bought, but before I bid, I really checked the seller out! (although I still had a sigh of relief when I received them)

I think Paypal Buyer Protection is great but I think you have to file a claim within 30 days.
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Yeah, I don't think I'd ever buy DW tix on Ebay - too many nightmare stories.

Sometimes I just don't understand DH...I've been talking about getting our tix for a few weeks now since they will probably go up in price in August, as they do year after year. It must have gone in one ear and out the other because tonight I tell him about a couple online discount sellers, including DW Tickets, to which he replied, "well, did you check my employee discount?" Well, no I hadn't because you hadn't told me about it!!!

So, long story short, he gets a really good discount since his company does work for Disney so we're all set now.

Thanks for the tips.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am still a pecker!

Wow that's great he gets a discount! Glad you worked it all out
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards