Thread: Target Issue / Question...

Question Target Issue / Question...

I have had the oddest thing happen...

For my son's birthday last week, I had placed several orders on Target.com through SR. The orders arrived just fine and credited just fine. One of the guitars for his Guitar Hero did not work. I checked online and it said I could print a receipt and return it to the store for credit or another guitar. I did just that.

When we got to the store, their scanner could not read the bar code on the receipt I printed at home. They even tried to manually put it in to no avail. They all made a face because they had to then call Target.com which no one wanted to deal with. Finally the manager came up and made the call which ended up being a foreigner that neither she nor I could really understand.

I had to get on the phone and explain that my son wanted a replacement asap because he wanted to use the guitar today and we would be happy with a replacement or a gift card to repurchase another one. This seemed to be a HUGE issue for some reason but finally the store manager told me to just go and get another guitar and bring it to her. She was happy to be off the phone with the online store. So, we did and she did a gift card and rerang the new guitar. We headed home.

I had him try it immediately just in case and this one did not work either. Great. We headed right back to Target so that we could deal with the same people who knew the circumstances. Again, they had to call Target.com to get clearance to exchange, do a gift card or credit it to my cc because the online store had put a hold on the account where it could not be done by the store. Odd I thought. Finally we got everything all cleared and my son with his gift card in hand got some games instead.

I had placed a couple more orders online a few days after the first two orders. I have received a couple of emails saying my items had shipped only now when I went to check online, it says my account does not exist. I had to re-register but now it shows me as a new customer with no order history. This scares me that they can do something like this?? Or who ever??

I cannot even check my orders or order history. Any suggestions? It is like I have never used the Target.com now. Normally I get a pending credit from Target within about 3 days, but this time for the last 2 orders I have nothing...which kind of scares me. One of the items I have already gotten.

Unfortnately I had placed these last 2 orders before the ordeal at the store. Not sure I want to do this again. Anyone else have any issues like this?
    Sunshine Rewards

Yikes!

The very first thing I would do is to think about how you first made an account. I first made an account through amazon.com, so when I log in, I have to click the button stating that I'm signing in using my amazon account. Once I clicked the "I have a target.com account" button, and it said it didn't know me.

Could you have used your amazon info but then clicked the target button or vice versa?

These are the choices I'm talking about...

I want to sign in with my:
    Target.com account.
    Amazon.com account.

Have you contacted target.com's customer service? email would be the best bet. I went to the very bottom of the first page, saw the Help section, and when I clicked Contact Us it gave a nice page of how to do just that.

The goal would be to get to the old account, not the new account...the new account wouldn't be tied to old orders.

I hope you can email them and figure it all out!

I didn't even know you could return *anything* to the stores, by the way, so I've learned something new!
    Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

A little off topic, but were they guitars for the Wii? I've heard the whammy bars break very easily and the guitars are tempermental! We've had our PS2 guitars for a couple years and they are doing fine. DD13 plays almost daily!

Sorry, I have no advice for your troubles with Target/Target.com. Luckily I have always had really good luck with customer service.

Good luck.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    Yikes!

The very first thing I would do is to think about how you first made an account. I first made an account through amazon.com, so when I log in, I have to click the button stating that I'm signing in using my amazon account. Once I clicked the "I have a target.com account" button, and it said it didn't know me.

Could you have used your amazon info but then clicked the target button or vice versa?

These are the choices I'm talking about...

Have you contacted target.com's customer service? email would be the best bet. I went to the very bottom of the first page, saw the Help section, and when I clicked Contact Us it gave a nice page of how to do just that.

The goal would be to get to the old account, not the new account...the new account wouldn't be tied to old orders.

I hope you can email them and figure it all out!

I didn't even know you could return *anything* to the stores, by the way, so I've learned something new!

Yes, I know there are two choices...but I had the target.com account...and always used it that way. That is what I cannot figure out. I just wondered if that rep that we all had to talk to that day got angry when we could not understand her and just deleted my information...up until that day it was fine. When one of us would say "excuse me? I didn't understand what you said" she would become really angry and short with us.

Guess I will email them...I just don't get it...I want to know what happened...it had to be physically deleted.

Oh, and get this...I just got part of the other order as I stated and I had gotten a PS2 Bundle with HighSchool Musical and they sent the Wii version! What's up with that? Makes no sense to me at all. Doubt I will shopping with them again because now I have to take it back and I cannot even get into my account to print the receipt. Frustrating!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMa View Post
    A little off topic, but were they guitars for the Wii? I've heard the whammy bars break very easily and the guitars are tempermental! We've had our PS2 guitars for a couple years and they are doing fine. DD13 plays almost daily!

Sorry, I have no advice for your troubles with Target/Target.com. Luckily I have always had really good luck with customer service.

Good luck.
    No, it was for the PS2 and it was a wireless one by Psyclone...after the issue I went online to check out the reviews and found that there are TONS of problems with this brand of guitar for Guitar Hero. Lovely.

Thanks for the info though...he is wanting a Wii too...go figure! LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

I hope that you get this taken care I have had no problems with Target online and I even bought a refurbished camcorder online with them. I hope that they can fix all of your problems

Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    No, it was for the PS2 and it was a wireless one by Psyclone...after the issue I went online to check out the reviews and found that there are TONS of problems with this brand of guitar for Guitar Hero. Lovely.

Thanks for the info though...he is wanting a Wii too...go figure! LOL
    We have had the Activision Wireless Guitar Hero Guitars for a couple years with no problems. I haven't even heard of Psyclone?

Hopefully Target will help resolve your issues. The Guitar Hero games are a blast!!
    Sunshine Rewards