I have had the oddest thing happen...

For my son's birthday last week, I had placed several orders on Target.com through SR. The orders arrived just fine and credited just fine. One of the guitars for his Guitar Hero did not work. I checked online and it said I could print a receipt and return it to the store for credit or another guitar. I did just that.

When we got to the store, their scanner could not read the bar code on the receipt I printed at home. They even tried to manually put it in to no avail. They all made a face because they had to then call Target.com which no one wanted to deal with. Finally the manager came up and made the call which ended up being a foreigner that neither she nor I could really understand.

I had to get on the phone and explain that my son wanted a replacement asap because he wanted to use the guitar today and we would be happy with a replacement or a gift card to repurchase another one. This seemed to be a HUGE issue for some reason but finally the store manager told me to just go and get another guitar and bring it to her. She was happy to be off the phone with the online store. So, we did and she did a gift card and rerang the new guitar. We headed home.

I had him try it immediately just in case and this one did not work either. Great. We headed right back to Target so that we could deal with the same people who knew the circumstances. Again, they had to call Target.com to get clearance to exchange, do a gift card or credit it to my cc because the online store had put a hold on the account where it could not be done by the store. Odd I thought. Finally we got everything all cleared and my son with his gift card in hand got some games instead.

I had placed a couple more orders online a few days after the first two orders. I have received a couple of emails saying my items had shipped only now when I went to check online, it says my account does not exist. I had to re-register but now it shows me as a new customer with no order history. This scares me that they can do something like this?? Or who ever??

I cannot even check my orders or order history. Any suggestions? It is like I have never used the Target.com now. Normally I get a pending credit from Target within about 3 days, but this time for the last 2 orders I have nothing...which kind of scares me. One of the items I have already gotten.

Unfortnately I had placed these last 2 orders before the ordeal at the store. Not sure I want to do this again. Anyone else have any issues like this?