Thread: OT- getting clothes to sell on ebay?

Default OT- getting clothes to sell on ebay?

I am trying to sell some of my DH's pants and shirts on ebay and I noticed the volume of clothing that people are trying to sell and many things have no bids on them. What is the strategey for getting things to sell?

any advice?

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Everyone does it a little different but in my experience this works:

Include any name brands in the title. A good example of a title NWT Mens Dockers Collection Anti Wrinkle Pants 33X32 Tan

Know the abbreviations that people use. Here is a good example

http://reviews.ebay.com/Abbreviation...00000001216513

Take good pictures. People have to see what they are buying. I take at least 3-4 good pictures of every item I sell. If it is specific popular brand, take a picture of the tag as well. If there is a flaw, take a picture of it.

Include a thorough but simple explanation. People don't want to read 10 paragraphs lol
    Just give them the facts: Name brand, size, new/gently worn, and a brief description.

Reassure the buyer. It is a completely anonymous transaction, so you have to make people feel comfortable and 'safe'. Encourage communication in your listing by saying things like "Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions. I am always happy to help!"

Target the right market. IMO used clothing sells best during the day. This is when most women (stay at home Moms) can be online shopping. It is while the kids are in school, and before everyone gets home and the evening craze begins.

Shipping is touchy. You have to be fair to both yourself and your customer. Just be fair: fair price, fair shipping. I use the bubble mailers and ship first class USPS.

If you are selling name brand clothing in good condition, the clothes will sell themselves. If your selling store brand such as Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Target or Sears etc...you might do better selling them in a lot.

Lastly, include a nice little note with your package. Return customers are they key to success on Ebay, regardless of what you are selling.

Seach Ebay Guides. Sellers post their own guides here and some are very informative: http://search.reviews.ebay.com/cloth...tZ11450QQuqtZg (use the column at the left to narrown your search)

I don't know how much you have to sell, but there is very good money in selling used clothing on Ebay

Hope some of this helps! Good luck!!
    Last edited by andrea2289; 07-19-2008 at 02:27 PM.
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I have been selling fishing lures on ebay for about a month now. I think it is also a sign of the times. Everyone is looking for the deal and trying to get the most for the dollar.

They want top items at rock bottom prices. I would say set a price that you will take and expect to get it. Then if you get more it is a bonus.

I have noticed an ebb and flow to the items also. Somethings sell for high price and then not at all later.

I use auctiva because of the free templates and free 25 pictures. It took me a long time to learn but now I use it for all auctions.

Sunshine Rewards

thanks for the replies and tips. One more question though, do you keep re-listing until your item sells? If so, how many times before clothing will sell. It seems like there is so much out there to buy!

Sorry that was 2 questions.

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

The first time you relist your item you will not have to pay the insertion fees IF it sells. If I have already listed it twice and it hasn't sold, I might combine some items that haven't sold and try selling them as one whole lot. At that point, I'm happy if I just make my money back. If it still doesn't sell, I either hold on to it to try again later or put it in a yard sale LOL
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards