Thread: SD Memory Cards, MP3 Player

Default SD Memory Cards, MP3 Player

I need to buy 2 or 3 SD Memory Cards for my camera and the Disney Mix Max I ordered Cameron for her birthday....anyone already done the research to determine who the best SR vendor to go through is?

I'm also wanting a cheap MP3 player for myself as mine has died. Anyone know of anyone better than Wal-Mart to go through?
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Check out Buy.com and see if they have something in your price range. We have ordered quite a few memory cards from them and have been very pleased!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I have gotten great deals on memory cards from OverStock.com. Got a mp3 player from OverStock, also.
    Last edited by Hedy; 07-20-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: mention of former SR merchant

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I bought DS's MP3 from amazon bc the one he wanted had the best price. Bestbuy was also very comparable and would have gone through there with in store pick up if I hadn't bought from amazon.

I have a Sony so I ended up buying my cards straight from Sony through SR. Oops wait that was my rechargable batteries. My card I ended up buying through buy.com (thru SR of course!)
    Last edited by askomsky; 07-20-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    Sunshine Rewards

We've mainly used buy.com for SD cards. The problem is, they usually have such incredible deals (I noticed a 1GB Kingston for only 3.99 today) I've never actually gotten SR for it (when it costs zero, you get zero, LOL).

I also found a good deal on amazon once for the same Kingston card, but of course YOU don't get SR for that, only SR gets the credit from amazon.

Oh, and while I do have one 2GB card, I never use it b/c it feels like putting all my eggs in one basket. I prefer to use 1GB cards so if there's card failure or loss I haven't lost too many of my pix (and I keep them in separate areas).
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks everyone. Looks like I'm going to head over to look at buy.com. That seems to be the consensus!

I've heard other talk about using multiple cards instead of one large one, but I tend to lose things so I stick with the 4 gb in my camera...I just make sure to "dump" it on my laptop each time we come back to the hotel and usually take a few CDs and burn them to CDs every day or two also.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Thanks everyone. Looks like I'm going to head over to look at buy.com. That seems to be the consensus!

I've heard other talk about using multiple cards instead of one large one, but I tend to lose things so I stick with the 4 gb in my camera...I just make sure to "dump" it on my laptop each time we come back to the hotel and usually take a few CDs and burn them to CDs every day or two also.
    I do the same thing. I usually have a spare card with me in case I need it while we are in the parks. But when we come back to the room for naps or at night, I always dump the pictures onto the laptop and we back it up. Works well for us!
    Sunshine Rewards

Took the advice of the majority here with buy.com....found an sd card i wanted (actually want to buy 3) and an mp3 player (actually several I could dream about, but settled on one.

I can add them to my cart without any problem, but the site is timing out when I go to actually purchase everything in my cart. I've tried 3 separate times today? Anyone have any ideas? Is this normal? Am I the only one with this problem? I've never shopped with buy.com and this is really discouraging.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Never really found "the solution" but found a solution so thought I'd share in case anyone else runs into this problem...

on the first part of checking out was the option to pay via paypal...did that and all worked perfectly...

now crossing my fingers all those problems dont effect credits.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards