Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TT

I am 99% sure we are 3rd party cookies because a cookie is being set from SR to a totally different website (as opposed to a cookie being set for our own website).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I am 99% sure we are 3rd party cookies because a cookie is being set from SR to a totally different website (as opposed to a cookie being set for our own website).
    Thank you, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Just wanted to make sure I was setting it right. IT really burns me though bc windows or IE must have updated and I didn't realize it and everytime it does I have to go back and reset the options!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I also thought that I would add in that Shoebuy is one that I can not get to automatically credit for anything. There were a few times that it would come through but 90% of the time I have to file a TT and I get the money right away. I don't know why it happens as all of my other shopping and credits work just fine. I have just resigned myself to the fact that Shoebuy takes me about 13 days LOL 10 to be able to file and 3 more for Angie to get them but she ALWAYS gets them for me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I also thought that I would add in that Shoebuy is one that I can not get to automatically credit for anything. There were a few times that it would come through but 90% of the time I have to file a TT and I get the money right away. I don't know why it happens as all of my other shopping and credits work just fine. I have just resigned myself to the fact that Shoebuy takes me about 13 days LOL 10 to be able to file and 3 more for Angie to get them but she ALWAYS gets them for me.
    Thanks Janet, I appreciate it! I never had a problem on my laptop, it's only been here on my desktop (since I fried my laptop) that I have problems.
    And your right it's about 13 days..... I filed at the 10 day mark and it was in my account no more then 2 days later!!! Miss Angie rocks! lol

What kills me is I order from there at least once a month if not more, so it's not like I would "forget" to click thru SR or use another link! They have to be my fav SR merchant!
    Sunshine Rewards

Ok new question......

Is there a definite option to keep cookies at the level you set them?????

Everytime I log in and look it appears they go back to where they were after I clear cookies. Is that normal? It's getting very frustrating to know that it's now an option I'm going to have to set every time I clear cookies with every new page I launch. Tonight I was trying to log into chattywomen and I opened a new IE browser and saw the message must have cookies enabled, I went and looked and they weren't set on that particular page. But if I went back to the main SR window I had open they were from when I re-set them

I also found that when our power went off this afternoon and came back on the pc re-booted and i had to reset all my security/cookie levels again.
    This is getting very aggravating, not sure what application is causing it bc I didn't have this issue on my laptop and I was running XP then.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Ok new question......

Everytime I log in and look it appears they go back to where they were after I clear cookies. Is that normal? It's getting very frustrating to know that it's now an option I'm going to have to set every time I clear cookies with every new page I launch. Tonight I was trying to log into chattywomen and I opened a new IE browser and saw the message must have cookies enabled, I went and looked and they weren't set on that particular page. But if I went back to the main SR window I had open they were from when I re-set them

I also found that when our power went off this afternoon and came back on the pc re-booted and i had to reset all my security/cookie levels again.
    This is getting very aggravating, not sure what application is causing it bc I didn't have this issue on my laptop and I was running XP then.
    I don't have anything to add that could help you but wow that has to be a big PIA. I can't imagine remembering to go back and set you cookie options all the time. I hope someone can help you figure it out.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Ok new question......

do you mean the low / medium / high thing? or where you can set it to accept / override.

I set mine here, and they don't ever change except sometimes when I do a windows update.

Tools, Internet Options, Privacy tab on top, Advanced button, Accept 1st party, accept 3rd party, always allow session cookies.

As for the low / med / high, I have mine set to medium (on the Security tab).
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    do you mean the low / medium / high thing? or where you can set it to accept / override.

I set mine here, and they don't ever change except sometimes when I do a windows update.

Tools, Internet Options, Privacy tab on top, Advanced button, Accept 1st party, accept 3rd party, always allow session cookies.

As for the low / med / high, I have mine set to medium (on the Security tab).
    Yes that's it, thank you but I seem to have to re-set it all the time. I tried the accept 1st and 3rd let me go back and change it and see if they stay.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Does your computer security program update everynight in the middle of the night? That could be causing the problem. I had to set mine to ask me if it can update before doing so and I had to remove it from the auto update. I was update in the middle of the night every night and deleting my cookies and changing my cookies.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Does your computer security program update everynight in the middle of the night? That could be causing the problem. I had to set mine to ask me if it can update before doing so and I had to remove it from the auto update. I was update in the middle of the night every night and deleting my cookies and changing my cookies.
    Thanks that could very well be it, I'm going to look into it.
    Sunshine Rewards