Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks Gift Cards

Default Starbucks Gift Cards

Please be advised that although some of you have been lucky enough in the past to get credits for reloads on Starbucks gift cards, they are NOT one of the merchants we have listed that we know for sure pays on gift cards. We always knew that they did not pay on the gift cards themselves, but it looked like some people were getting paid on their reloads. We filed a trouble ticket with them last week for a reload and they told us that it is their official policy not to pay for the cards OR the reloads.

We've had a couple of tickets come in since then and I have had to close them because we cannot dispute them. If you ARE lucky enough to get credit for a reload, I don't think that they will take it back. But for the most part, it does look like they are cracking down.

It's unfortunate because most companies see the value in paying back a little bit on gift cards. But it looks like Starbucks has made a decision that there is no value in it for them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Please be advised that although some of you have been lucky enough in the past to get credits for reloads on Starbucks gift cards, they are NOT one of the merchants we have listed that we know for sure pays on gift cards. We always knew that they did not pay on the gift cards themselves, but it looked like some people were getting paid on their reloads. We filed a trouble ticket with them last week for a reload and they told us that it is their official policy not to pay for the cards OR the reloads.

We've had a couple of tickets come in since then and I have had to close them because we cannot dispute them. If you ARE lucky enough to get credit for a reload, I don't think that they will take it back. But for the most part, it does look like they are cracking down.

It's unfortunate because most companies see the value in paying back a little bit on gift cards. But it looks like Starbucks has made a decision that there is no value in it for them.
    Oh, this is truly disappointing. I remember starting the thread last year when they gave credit for the reload and I've done it a few times since; truly disappointing.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

They just don't understand the crazy things we will do for SR credits

Thanks for the info.... I can tell you that in the past I always kept a few cards on me for trips... but now with this change I will probably look for the good local coffee shops, if I can.

Do any coffee shop chains offer SR credits back on gift cards and/or refills??
    Faith
    Proud to be SR member #3129

MychoiceGiftcards has them on their site.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Thanks Cindy... not sure how I missed this merchant. they also have Amazon gift certificates too, and I have to buy a ton of books for school.
    Faith
    Proud to be SR member #3129

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks! I was wondering about this as I just finished off my starbucks card and was going to reload it. I'll still go thru SR just in case they are tracking where we spend our money or to help you out in the off chance it does come thru but I'll be ok if it doesn't as well.
    Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Oh, this is truly disappointing. I remember starting the thread last year when they gave credit for the reload and I've done it a few times since; truly disappointing.

I remember that thread! In fact, it was the thread that started the "dude"

SG- funny that this thread came out today. I re-loaded a Starbucks GC 10 days ago with no credit pending. I was lucky I always received credit in the past for a re-load. This time no luck.

Like M-n-C said, I will still re-load through SR. Hopefully you will get some extra that goes into "the pot" for games.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Thanks for this info cindy!!!
    Every day is better with a little in it.I have earned over 2000.00 in sunshine rewards.

You beat me to the post, Tricia! Once my TT was finished I was going to make the post to let people know.

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Mainly for the Dude, who let me know about reloading to begin with.

Starbucks was my last choice in coffee place to begin with (it boggles the mind how a barista can mess up an iced plain latte), so they have completely miscalculated here. We can't buy DS anything fun there b/c of the high fructose corn syrup (or just corn syrup, can't remember, but they have the same effects on him) in their hot chocolate mix so we have to stop at another place anyway, and while you get fun *little* extras if you have the giftcard and register it on your site, they've lost me.

While I can't do the pretty woman thing and say "big mistake, HUGE", I'm one little customer gone.

Thanks for making the post Tricia!
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 07-22-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: mixed up order of paragraphs, edited the reason for editing b/c it was confusing
    Sunshine Rewards

They still have me. I'll just buy a new card, don't need to reload one. I love their coffee, can't help it, I'm a Starbucks snob. Love their pastries too, though in Vegas at our hotel, every pastry had raisins in it, or on it, YUK. That was pretty stupid of them, there are people that hate raisins.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.