Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, My Jewelry Box

Default Wow, My Jewelry Box

Today, I ordered from My Jewlery Box. I was so excited to take advantage of Sunshine's current deal on a beautiful pair of heart shaped earrings. They are 14K yellow gold with a diamond accent in the center. They were regularly $89.99, but with our deal, I got them for $66.75 + Free Shipping. Gift packaging was included, and much to my surprise, they even shipped today. How awesome is that!

I will be in Boston on the first day of school for my kiddos. I wanted to get a small gift for Daddy to give them that morning. Sissy will get this wonderful pair of earrings for her first day of 5th grade. Brother will get his first real leather wallet (purchased from Shoebuy today--shipped today too!) for the start of 8th grade. Each will have a special note from Mom.

I make us sound like the Berenstain Bears, with all this Mom, Daddy, Sissy, Brother stuff, don't I! LOL!

What fun things will you do for the first day of school? Wear a spiffy new outfit, take 100's of pictures, a special note in the backpack, etc. Please Share!

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    What fun things will you do for the first day of school? Wear a spiffy new outfit, take 100's of pictures, a special note in the backpack, etc. Please Share!
    Do the Happy Dance as it is the first day of full day school for both boys!!! My work at home Tuesdays and Thursdays will be much quieter and productive I've been looking forward to that day for 6+ years now!!! I love them with all my heart but I'm looking forward to a little break.

As for what I will do special, there will be the usual pictures, new outfit (from the Gap) and school supplies (still looking for a good backpack.) We will just get home from Disney about 30 hours before so everything has to be done in less than 4 weeks I better get to shopping!!!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

We do lots of pictures. And since this will be DD5's first day of kindergarten, she will get a locket filled with mommy's kisses and hugs. OMG...I am literally crying sitting here thinking about it.

Back to school is hard for me now because for the past couple of years, the girls have essentially spent the whole summer at home with me. So even though it takes 10 times as much energy (and every hour of the day) to work while they are at home (and find fun things for them to do), I do really get used to them being here. I can honestly say that with less than 3 weeks of summer to go, I am still not ready for them to go back.

This year I will be leaving as soon as I put them on the bus and flying to Boston, so I won't be here when they get home. I know that they will not really care. And it will be good for me to have something to keep me busy instead of crying all day. But I still have a little regret.

We try to have a nice big breakfast together as a family. Oh! And I print out a sheet that says what grade the girls are in to use in some of the pictures so that I will know 20 years from now what grade they were in. They hold a big "1" or whatever in the picture.

I still have to order new backpacks. The highlight of school shopping!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

wow, where do live that your kids are back to school already? mine still have like 6 or 7 weeks before they go back.

On the first day of school I will be pulling the covers up over my head and saying "No, please don't make me go" LOL, because I am the teacher! Does anyone remember the commercial with the Mom getting everyone up on the first day of school and someone was saying "I don't want to go" or something like that? It was the woman's husband and he was the principal. I always laughed at that and also the Staples back to school commercial.

But seriously, I will probably be up waaay before the alarm goes off and be at school about and 1 1/2 hours before the kids get there. The first day of school is still exciting for me!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

We do the picture with the number too! I buy a poster board and cut it in hald and I let DS draw a picture on it and he writes 1st day of school Grade #. Of course I helped in Kindergarten but he draws a picture and I get everyone up and dressed and outside to take pictures of him and then with his sisters and we all walk him to the bus. This year I have two to do it with!

I'm in the process of possibly getting another PT bookkeeping job so my time while their in school (DS all day, DD 5.5 half am K and DD 4.5 3 days preschool) will probably be working again. I enjoyed the last 4 months of school last year not working and actually having the time to myself.

That is early to start back, but then again you were out earlier then we were. We go back Sept 2nd this year.
    Last edited by askomsky; 07-22-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: bad spelling "baby got back"
    Sunshine Rewards

We always start back mid-August. I'll be happy for the kids to go back this year, and truth be told, they probably will be too. We didn't do camps this year and I am working and DH is working more than usual so they are bored and tired of doing "jobs."

I love your ideas of the numbers or signs for the pictures. I have never done that and now regret it Well I guess it's never too late to start!

This will be the last year of elementary school for DS so I have a feeling I'll be a little weepy sending him off on the bus this year.

We always have a special breakfast. I take lots and lots of pictures. DS starts preschool at the elementary school this year, so he is excited and DD starts a new school too. Its for 2nd third and fourth grade, so she will be the baby again, so she is nervous and excited. I live in a small rural area, but my town has gotten so big lately. I can't wait but it always makes me sad. When DD went to kindergarten, I followed the bus to make sure it was driving safe, lol!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post

I make us sound like the Berenstain Bears, with all this Mom, Daddy, Sissy, Brother stuff, don't I! LOL!
    My daughter always called my son "Brother" and at 27 (her) and 30 (him) she still does. When she was about 4 we asked her if she knew his name. She said, "Yes, it's Stephen." I asked, "Why don't you call him Stephen?" Her response. , "I LIKE to call him Brother!!"

They are 2? years apart so they were in elementary, middle and HS at the same time. In middle school my son's friends began to tease him about his sister calling him "Brother". His response....."I AM her brother.....what's so dumb about that??"

My DD's name is Krissie......close to Sissy. We read lots of Berenstein Bears too.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

After about 5th grade the boys put their foot down about first day photos. This year DS19 will be leaving for college, I hope I do better than the day he went to kindergarden. I cried until lunch. DS17 will be a HS Senior. I think I can handle that, so ready to finished with public schools!
    Our back to school schedule looks like this:
    Me - Aug 4.
    DS17 - Aug. 11
    DS19 - Aug. 16 moves into dorm, classes start Aug. 20.

Since I am in Higher Education it will be somewhat easier on DS19's first day of classes because I will be doing our Freshman Orientation that day. Hopefully I will not stand before our freshman class and cry because my oldest baby has left me. Last year was great because I had DS19 at college with me, I saw more of him last year than I had the four years before that.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards