Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
My daughter always called my son "Brother" and at 27 (her) and 30 (him) she still does. When she was about 4 we asked her if she knew his name. She said, "Yes, it's Stephen." I asked, "Why don't you call him Stephen?" Her response. , "I LIKE to call him Brother!!"

They are 2? years apart so they were in elementary, middle and HS at the same time. In middle school my son's friends began to tease him about his sister calling him "Brother". His response....."I AM her brother.....what's so dumb about that??"

My DD's name is Krissie......close to Sissy. We read lots of Berenstein Bears too.
That is so cute! We rarely here our kids use first names. They are usually Bubby and Sis or Brother/Sister. Lucky for DS, DD will only be in HS with him one year. I'm sure that he'll ask her to call him Dustin instead!

I'm the oldest of three, and we're all 6 years apart. When my sister was little she couldn't say Angie. Most of the time is was Nangie which eventually got shorten to Nan and finally ended up as Nanner. She's called me Nanner as long as I can remember. Although, she often calls me Angie when we are among people who wouldn't know my nickname. My brother on the other hand (12 years younger than me) grew up thinking my name was Nanner. That's just what everyone called me. His friends even call me Nanner. When he writes me a note or sends me a card, he even writes Nanner. When he calls me Angie, I know he's mad at me kinda like when your mom uses your first and middle name, LOL!

I guess nicknames really stick sometimes! Sorry to go on, you reminded me of my brother and sister and their silly name for me.