Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Gift Card Cashouts

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
    I don't think we are going next year. Hubby said he is done for a little while.
    Hope your hubby changes his mind - mine did. DH thought that a trip to Disney was going to be more expensive that a trip to the beach. Well, he got educated this year when we started looking into beach house rentals. We can stay at Disney, eat a sit down meal, fly down, and have plenty of fun money vs what it was going to cost us to drive to the beach, rent a house, eat breakfast and lunch at the house, eat supper out, and have fun money for the kids and DH. Did I mention that the trip to the beach was just a trip to the beach - no extra money to actually do anything. Who wants to be at the beach all week and not do anything. Well, maybe I might change my answer on that one if someone would take the kids and I could just lay on the beach and soak up the sun.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I cashed out for $400 a couple of weeks ago and just cashed out for another $50. Those will be used to pay for our package. Now I'm hoping to get another $100 before the beginning of September so we can have a little extra spending money.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    Hope your hubby changes his mind - mine did. DH thought that a trip to Disney was going to be more expensive that a trip to the beach. Well, he got educated this year when we started looking into beach house rentals. We can stay at Disney, eat a sit down meal, fly down, and have plenty of fun money vs what it was going to cost us to drive to the beach, rent a house, eat breakfast and lunch at the house, eat supper out, and have fun money for the kids and DH. Did I mention that the trip to the beach was just a trip to the beach - no extra money to actually do anything. Who wants to be at the beach all week and not do anything. Well, maybe I might change my answer on that one if someone would take the kids and I could just lay on the beach and soak up the sun.
    What beach is that? Where? I've priced out both and believe me the beach is cheaper if it weren't I would be able to get DH to WDW a lot more often!
    Sunshine Rewards

I won't be able to do 500, but I have 250 so far and am hoping for 300 before I cash out in a couple of weeks for our Sept trip! I've been doing more offers lately...too bad the daily surveys aren't cooperating I'll make it, somehow, though!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Tricia,

I don't have enough for a $500 cash out - but I am planning on cashing out in August - once I hit $300.
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I too have found Disney to be cheaper than other vacations. Especially when you factor in sunshine money!!

I will be cashing out for at least 1 $500 card in probably October for our December trip if you are buying for that far out. I'm at $843 right now and hoping for $1000 for our trip so I don't have to worry about running up the credit card paying for food.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

I am at a little over $300 now. I am hoping to be able to cash out for $500 on Oct 1 prior to the cruise. If you are not buying that far in advance, no biggie. $100 cards spend just as easily as a $500!!
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I am hoping for $500 once the end of the quarter comes. I was waiting until a special cashout...I don't NEED it right away...so if there is even a hint of one I might hold off.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    What beach is that? Where? I've priced out both and believe me the beach is cheaper if it weren't I would be able to get DH to WDW a lot more often!
    There is an island outside of Charleston, SC - Kiawah Resort. I guess I always factor in SR money and Disney Visa Money also. But, until we rent a house, drive down, eat only supper out vs Value or Moderate Resort, eating out all 3 meals(snacks too), and plenty of fun things - Disney is a better value and it costs us less money. As I said earlier if you just want to sit on the beach all day(and believe me there is nothing wrong with that - but I know with 2 kids it does not happen) then the beach is less expensive. But, my kids want to do the day camps($75+ per child per day), something in the evening, and DH wants to play golf at $125+ per round. It adds up very fast. Atleast at Disney, I pay for the tickets and they can go to the parks and they have enough to do for the day that they don't ask for anything else. Maybe if I could talk DH into Virgina Beach or Ocean City - it might be different but I have never had any luck as long as I have known him.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards