Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying Some New Things

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Ok, you really do learn something new everyday....I had no idea there was such a thing as a "new posts button"!!?? Huh...I just always go into each section & scroll...funny.

I may have missed it cuz I haven't read this entire thread yet, but if we open the Fandango threads will SR get advertising money like those posted at the top of the forum pages? Oh & while I'm at it, to get you money, do I literally just have to click it open or do I have to do the offer? I want to help SR but not sure how...I've just been clicking them open...oh & one last question...can I open them more than once & you still get money? Or is it like a daily thing??

Thanks
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think with Fandango SR makes money (and you do too) for buying your movie tickets through the link.

With banners and google ads in the forums SR makes money if you click on them to go to the site being advertised.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Ok, you really do learn something new everyday....I had no idea there was such a thing as a "new posts button"!!?? Huh...I just always go into each section & scroll...funny.

I may have missed it cuz I haven't read this entire thread yet, but if we open the Fandango threads will SR get advertising money like those posted at the top of the forum pages? Oh & while I'm at it, to get you money, do I literally just have to click it open or do I have to do the offer? I want to help SR but not sure how...I've just been clicking them open...oh & one last question...can I open them more than once & you still get money? Or is it like a daily thing??

Thanks
    Then I don't feel as bad that it took me 3 months after joining SR to learn about the new post button! LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Don't feel bad. I was a moderator and still not using the new posts button for the first 2 months LOL.

I think that Tricia you have to do what is best for SR. I for one trust that you will not make decisions that are going to hurt the membership or SR. I appreciate the fact that you are always trying to make things better. Whether or not I like something I like the fact that you are innovative and don't let the site or forum get stagnant.

I think I like the idea of them being their own thread better than between posts. I think DIS does random ones in posts and while it isn't necessarily intrusive I have found that when I am in a thread I am on a mission and I skip right over them. In their own threads I would be more inclined to click on them and read up on the stories.

Same thing with the coupons. I look through the threads each day for names of merchants I might like or need something from and I read the specials for those merchants. If they were all on one thread I doubt I would go through a big log thread of posts looking for specials.

Keep up the good work!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post

I think I like the idea of them being their own thread better than between posts. I think DIS does random ones in posts and while it isn't necessarily intrusive I have found that when I am in a thread I am on a mission and I skip right over them. In their own threads I would be more inclined to click on them and read up on the stories.

Same thing with the coupons. I look through the threads each day for names of merchants I might like or need something from and I read the specials for those merchants. If they were all on one thread I doubt I would go through a big log thread of posts looking for specials.
    I just read one of the Fandango posts and it was very iinteresting. Not at all what I thought it would be so if you haven't looked......you might be surprised.

I do agree with Janet, that I would like it much better if they were in their own thread. I do like the coupons in their own thread.......much easier to find what you are looking for.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Oh man....I didn't know about the new post button OR know that SR gets credit when we click on an advertizer in the forum..... I must be really slow...
    Deana
    Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Quote Originally Posted by deana View Post
    Oh man....I didn't know about the new post button OR know that SR gets credit when we click on an advertizer in the forum..... I must be really slow...
    Don't feel bad, I didn't know either - until a couple days ago. LOL!!!

Thanks for letting us know about Fandango. Surprised DH with a date night! I purchased 2 movie tickets to the 25th anniversary special (one night only) showing of War Games with Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy. I was 13 yrs old (DH was 11) when it came out the first time back in 1983 - so I never got to see it in the theater. I found out about the showing on Fandango, purchased them Wednesday and went tonight (Thursday). Got 10 cents SR credit back - already credited to my account.
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I just read one of the Fandango posts and it was very iinteresting. Not at all what I thought it would be so if you haven't looked......you might be surprised.

I do agree with Janet, that I would like it much better if they were in their own thread. I do like the coupons in their own thread.......much easier to find what you are looking for.
    I agree with Kathie and Janet. I like them in their own threads. It stands out and I don't miss them.

I have been reading the posts. There is a lot of interesting info that I would have missed.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I like a the changes It just has taken me a while to figure that there are some new short cuts

Sunshine Rewards