Thread: Question about Disney Movie Club

Default Question about Disney Movie Club

Has anyone signed up for this offer? I can't find any info on the site about how many movies I will be required to purchase to complete my commitment. I don't want to buy and then find out i need to buy a dozen movies in the next year. I usually only buy for birthdays and Christmas.
    Last edited by MaineMama; 07-23-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by MaineMama View Post
    Has anyone signed up for this offer? I can't find any info on the site about how many movies I will be required to purchase to complete my commitment. I don't want to buy and then find out i need to buy a dozen movies in the next year. I usually only buy for birthdays and Christmas.
    I didn't do the offer because I was already a member, but as far as membership requirements go, it is 4 movies over the next 2 years. So really not bad, I buy a lot of disney movies. The only problems I have had is occassionally I forget to check the site, you have to turn down the monthly offer if you don't want it, otherwise they ship it to you. I have forgotton twice, once it was fine because it was Enchanted which I intended to order anyways, but the other time it was a movie I already owned.

That is the only downside is if you are forgetful, other then that I love disney movie club, I just wish I had done it through SR and got credit too, but I did it on my own before I ever found SR.

I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and take advantage of this one! There are some movies that we want on here. I think that I will just set up a monthly reminder in Outlook so that I don't forget about the selections- hopefully that will help me!
    Sunshine Rewards

My 2 cents:

I think that the DMC is terrific. I think it's BEST if you do all your required purchases in a short period of time. Have movies figured out, have the money set aside, either all at once or set aside for the correct number of months that the requirement will take.

Why?

Because it is SO easy to forget how cheaply you got those first movies, and it's SO easy to forget to average it all out. Right now I'm about a year into it, and I have one movie left. It's SO hard to convince myself to plunk down the $$ for it, b/c I'm so far removed from the initial very inexpensive movies!

So I think it works best, mentally, if you are prepared to meet the obligations ASAP. That way the weight is off your shoulders, and you can just have fun with the membership (it's especially nice to get older movies like the original Herbie movies and such) instead of worrying about all the new, non-discounted, movies you need to get to fulfill the obligations.
    Sunshine Rewards