Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My order got CANCELLED !

Unhappy My order got CANCELLED !

I am so bummed ! I was very excited when my mom asked me to help pick out a laptop and I could buy it through SR for her. So I found one on HSN.com (3% cashback YAY) for a really good price. Retail price was 1200 something the laptop was 699.99 on HSN. She was very excited and thought it was a great price, I was very excited because I would be getting 21 dollars into my SR account (and was hoping it would help keep me on the big board).

So that was 11 days ago that I ordered it, it said it would be delivered by tomorrow. I hadn't got credit for it yet so I did file a TT last night (Thanks for processing it so quickly Angie), HSN doesn't credit until they ship....so I go to their site to see why it hasn't shipped yet when it should be arriving tomorrow. It just says not yet shipped, I emailed their customer service and within an hour my order status changed to Cancelled .

I am so bummed .... I don't see anywhere else where I can get that high of a percent cash back for a laptop, and after all that is what mattered the most to me (wasn't my money being spent). I could have probably picked out a 1500 laptop for her and she would have been fine then (and I could have gotten 15-30 cashback), but now that she thinks she can find a decent one for less that is what she wants. Not to mention my mom didn't have internet service so she had me sign her up and have the modem and wireless router sent to her so she would be ready when the laptop came. Now she is paying for internet service and doesn't have a computer to get on the internet.

Any ideas for a good price on laptops that will get me the highest amount cash back ? I need to see if I can find her another one, but only if it is someone who will ship quickly.... don't want to wait another 11 days and then have an order cancelled! Man I loved being her personal shopper when it was easy and I got SR money to do it, but now I am just frustrated!

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Did they tell you why it was cancelled? That just seems strange!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I would be calling HSN back and having a word with them. Even if you don't get a credit for it, they should be getting you a comparable laptop for the same price. That's bogus.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Did they tell you why it was cancelled? That just seems strange!
    They said it was out of stock ! It was in stock when I ordered it.... so why did they wait 11 days to cancel !

I agree! I wouldn't just take "Order Cancelled" without an explanation. I would also expect some sort of concession on their part. Call them and demand better service.

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully it's just a mistake and the laptop will come today, LOL! That is totally still a possibility. Stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I would be calling HSN back and having a word with them. Even if you don't get a credit for it, they should be getting you a comparable laptop for the same price. That's bogus.
    But Tricia... don't you understand the credit is what I care about !!! Wasn't my laptop ! HEHE just kidding (well kind of kidding). They have another 1 for 100 dollars more (and free shipping making it less then 75 dollars more) that she would probably be okay with, but it has an arrival date of Aug 8th and I would hate for her to wait until Aug 7th and see it cancelled again!

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    I agree! I wouldn't just take "Order Cancelled" without an explanation. I would also expect some sort of concession on their part. Call them and demand better service.

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully it's just a mistake and the laptop will come today, LOL! That is totally still a possibility. Stranger things have happened.
    I sent them an angry email when I saw it because I am at work, but I think I will definatly call them tonight too !

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
    They said it was out of stock ! It was in stock when I ordered it.... so why did they wait 11 days to cancel !
    Not an HSN shopper here, but I'd have to agree with you! It's possible they had a run on them with a price like that, but to wait those 11 days (or until YOU contacted them!!!) to let you know the order is cancelled is just wrong!

I'd be on the phone, too, asking them to make it right.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Not an HSN shopper here, but I'd have to agree with you! It's possible they had a run on them with a price like that, but to wait those 11 days (or until YOU contacted them!!!) to let you know the order is cancelled is just wrong!

I'd be on the phone, too, asking them to make it right.
    I've never shopped HSN before.... I only looked there since the were the highest percent back for SR merchants who sold computers.

I know that it was still on their site for sale for at least 3 days after I ordered it though, because mom called to ask me a question about it and I pulled it back up then to check one of the specs for her. It is no longer listed on their site now, but if they had a run they should have probably taken it out of stock sooner then 3 days or more, but at the very least let me know sooner then the day before it should arrive after I emailed them.

Sorry.... just needed to vent a bit, I am frustrated!

And don't they know I needed that to help keep me on the big board ! I hurried and ordered in the beginning of the month, I thought for sure I would have it by the 31st