Thread: Windows Vista

Default Windows Vista

I just got a new computer up and running with Windows Vista, and I thought I remembered that some SR users were having trouble a while ago with getting things to credit. I was just scanning through threads and couldn't find any special advice on Vista, so i thought I'd ask again (sorry if it's here somewhere.) Is there anything special I need to do? I set the computer to accept all cookies and turned off the pop up blocker. I think I have all of the security settings the same as on my old computer. (I have Norton security)

I have some more Christmas shopping to do, and would be upset if I had something set wrong and my purchases didn't track correctly. My husband is very tech savy, but he doesn't know anything about SR.

Thanks so much for any advice!
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

I just got a new computer last week and it comes with Windows Vista. So far I haven't had any shopping credits credit and I am nervous. I am trying to be optimistic however! But I am holding off on my major shopping until I see one of the credits come through, then I know I will be ok.
    I am just not familiar with the Vista system. Sorry can't help you, just commiserate!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by penn19 View Post
    I just got a new computer last week and it comes with Windows Vista. So far I haven't had any shopping credits credit and I am nervous. I am trying to be optimistic however! But I am holding off on my major shopping until I see one of the credits come through, then I know I will be ok.
    I am just not familiar with the Vista system. Sorry can't help you, just commiserate!

As long as you go under tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy --> Advanced options and select Accept for both First and Third Part cookies you should be ok. That was the big thing I checked when I went onto Vista and to set the security to med-low. Also just double check your virus software and the settings on there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Great! Thank you so much for your help. I went in and checked the the one had been checked to accept but not the other. I hope this helps!

Mine is set to accept all cookies and it seems to be working OK. So far so good.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards