Page 2 of 189 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Posts about daily surveys Part 2. Pls Read 1st Post. Updated 7/24/08

Thanks Lisa...I'm glad wasn't alone. I'll try another once I get home from work.
    Cindy

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    I just took one on a medical test, it gave me a congrats page from the survey company (white w/ black text thanks your answers have been recorded blahbiddyblahblah), but not SR/greenfield page. It the past I have sometimes received credit for these. Now I'm not sure if I should try for another as it is letting me, but even those w/ SR congrats are getting options (I know not to do another when getting the SR congrats even if are able to).

I think I may just stay w/ what I got and take my chances? I guess I'd rather miss the bonus than get banned...if it doesn't credit I still can miss 2 the rest of the month and get the bonus...WWYD?
    I got that one, I assume, for a SM survey, and it did NOT credit.

I promise I'm not whining. But I feel like somewhere there's a misunderstanding (could very well be on my part), b/c I continue to wonder if Greenfield knows what their experience is like.

"If you complete a survey, do not try to take another one as Greenfield has started tracking people who take multiple surveys in a day and will start banning you from their surveys."

Their system is supposed to keep us from doing more than one. Therefore, just clicking through after the "congrats" page, which we all know doesn't mean anything certain, SHOULD not let us get another survey, if the one we just took, well, "took".

Like I had just mentioned on the old thread, this has never failed me, not since they changed things around after surveygate. Until they did tweaking to their system, that is, the other night. It failed me yesterday.

On the other hand, after I did the second survey, figuring the first one hadn't gone through, it DID stop me from getting more, which means that it did ultimately work, just not after that first one.

So does their system work at keeping us from getting a second, or is it broken? If it's broken (as it seems it is), are they going to fix it?

I would love to see that "exceeded" page again, but then again, one only gets that page if one goes back and clicks on the green square Greenfield logo, to "try to get another one".

I *hate* that I got two credits from yesterday's survey. I wish I could have them take it back. I also hate it b/c after taking the two, I was definitely stopped from taking a SM survey; the very first time I tried after I was given no options (signifying that the DS had "taken") from the DS, I was given no options as though I had already done a SM.

So I started wondering if they tweaked their systems to make sure people don't get more than two, but in doing that, they sort of connected the DS and SM, so if the DS "lockout" (I'm not using that in a banning way, but in a system protection way) doesn't work and lets you take another when your first one was actually successful, it's locking you out of a SM. Which is broken, compared ot how it was before.

At the heart of it, I really feel that when they say "don't try to take another", what they are meaning is different from what we are doing, and I wish I was good at screenshots so I could show the process to them.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Sounds like the best practice for our part is to assume that the congrats page is going to give us credit and stop there.

A best practice from their end might be to prevent someone with the same email from taking more than one survey with them per day. This would affect the SM survey where the same person was doing each one, but they could give a window where you could change the person/email for that second survey with them. Not sure how this would work program wise but I'm sure computer smart people could figure out how to make this work.

Since I have someone take surveys for me I've just advised him to make sure he doesn't try to go back and take another (like he has just told me he was doing). I already had one day with 2 surveys credit and don't want to be banned for his honest mistake!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    Sounds like the best practice for our part is to assume that the congrats page is going to give us credit and stop there.

A best practice from their end might be to prevent someone with the same email from taking more than one survey with them per day. This would affect the SM survey where the same person was doing each one, but they could give a window where you could change the person/email for that second survey with them. Not sure how this would work program wise but I'm sure computer smart people could figure out how to make this work.

Since I have someone take surveys for me I've just advised him to make sure he doesn't try to go back and take another (like he has just told me he was doing). I already had one day with 2 surveys credit and don't want to be banned for his honest mistake!
    I think your best practices are the way to go. I think what people need to remember is that Greenfield is a 3rd party and we at SR can't really do anything about their system or lack of programming. All we can do is pass along what they are telling us to try and help everyone out. This is why it's super important to read the first post of threads periodically. If you are finding bugs/issues with GF their site is fairly easy to find and they seem to be responsive to some items. I think they would appreciate people sending them emails alerting them of issues so they can work on it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by saffymom View Post
    I had this one earlier and the same thing happened to me. I don't think we did anything wrong, the survey just isn't working properly. Luckily I was able to complete another one about food and that one did take me back to the congratulations page.
    I got that one a few days ago.... you didn't do anything wrong, but the survey doesn't work right. I did not get credit.

Thanks Cate, for clarifying my post a bit.

I did indeed mean Greenfield when talking about "their" best practices, and suggesting that they work more globally. I would hope that they could make their system work better for everyone (and they are likely trying to). It is a good idea to make sure you report any problems to them (Greenfield) that's why those contact buttons are on each survey right?.

I think SR does a great job of trying to explain the rules/changes to us!
    Sunshine Rewards

Unfortunately, we are but a teeny weeny bit of GF survey takers, and they can easily come in and just shut us down, we've seen that first hand. Their system may not be great, but, overall, it works pretty good. I think 90% of the surveys completed daily get credits, and the majority of our membership gets surveys daily and gets their credits for them. Its by far not a perfect system, so, we can either play the game their way, or not play at all. I know all of you like that extra jump in your accounts (hopefully) each day, so we have to play by their rules, and their rules plainly state, that if you get the Congrats page, do not attempt another survey. Its not a perfect world we live in, and its not a perfect survey world, but its what we have, so we have to deal with it. We are in contact with GF, we express the problems that our members have to them, and thats all we can do. I personally, would love to see 50 posts in one day in the survey thread talking about how easy their survey was to get, how easy to take, how easy it credited, etc.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Cindy, you are right. People don't seem to post when things go well. Maybe we should all start being more positive.
    I'm glad the surveys are there and want to make sure they stay around!
    Sunshine Rewards

I usually don't have a problem with the surveys crediting, once I get to the Congrats page, and I don't take one again since I don't usually have problems. I try to post as often as possible when I have a good experience. I figure anything is better than nothing and I am grateful for sunshinerewards to have greenfield in their program because it does boost my earnings ALOT!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I usually am lucky enough to get a DS every day - even if I do have trouble getting one for awhile, or even if I have limited options. So I don't have anything to complain about - I'm happy I DO get them, and haven't had issues at all really with them crediting. That has really helped my balance - and I like getting the bonuses!
    I don't go back and try again, either - unless it is one of those panel surveys that doesn't take me back to SR - and I haven't had any of those credit recently, anyway.
    This month, however, since there are limited options on the DS for me, there's even less or none on the SM! But maybe next month will be better.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.