Thread: Karate Equipment and Uniforms????

Default Karate Equipment and Uniforms????

Does anyone knw of a good SR site to purchase karate equipment and uniforms? My son has just earned his green belt and they are starting sparring and the equipment through the dojo seems pricey (up to $300 for stuff for a growing 9 year old). I would love any help or advice. Thanks!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Anybody ????
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

I have asked a few times for Century.com or Karate Depot.com but Cindy and Tricia have never gotten a response from them. I thought they had added a site that sells Martial arts stuff but I can't find it now in the list. Maybe they already dropped back out. I would suggest you post a message in the sites I would like to see added thread and see if they come up with anything or can point you in the right direction

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=60

ETA: Oh I see you already asked again in that thread. I would also be interested because DD and DS's are still needing gear here and there.
    Last edited by missymouse; 07-27-2008 at 12:18 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have two black belt kids. DD is first degree decided and DS is first degree probationary. We have always used the equipment sold at the school. If your children participate in tournaments, you will want to ensure everything your kids wear is accepted as safe and meets the standards. The one way we could be comfortable that we had the right stuff was to order it at the school.

I would love to find all of it here at SR because it is expensive equipment. As often as they need new pieces, we'd rack up the credits fast! We use the Macho brand. I'll look around and see if anyone carries it or can order it. Let me know if you find what you're looking for.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    I have two black belt kids. DD is first degree decided and DS is first degree probationary. We have always used the equipment sold at the school. If your children participate in tournaments, you will want to ensure everything your kids wear is accepted as safe and meets the standards. The one way we could be comfortable that we had the right stuff was to order it at the school.

I would love to find all of it here at SR because it is expensive equipment. As often as they need new pieces, we'd rack up the credits fast! We use the Macho brand. I'll look around and see if anyone carries it or can order it. Let me know if you find what you're looking for.
    That's EXACTLY how I feel/am with ice hockey. DS9 is a growing boy and the equipment is almost as much as the tution to actually play hockey. I can't even begin to put a $ amount on how much we spent last year.
    Unfortunately the two big hockey places that DH likes to order from don't have affiliate programs. The other chain stores just don't have the selection or prices that the ones we order from do. Some also are special items that not everyone sells.

My only other thought would be to check a used sports shop sort of like a pawn shop I guess. We have few around here that you can buy used equipment.
    Sunshine Rewards