Thread: Unapproved Parents subscription!

Default Unapproved Parents subscription!

I did a bunch of the offers yesterday and was very careful not to say yes to anything.
    I was checking my gmail account today and there was a thank you from Parents.com for subscribing for 3 years!! I didn't do that and I know it had to be from the offers yesterday because that's the only thing I use the gmail account for.
    I got it resolved with Parents.com but now it worries me that something else is going to happen or I'm going to get a bill for something I didn't authorize.

Has anything like this happened to you?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

There was a thread going last week about this but I can't find it. The gist was that some of these magazine companies are using phishing techniques with email to get you to sign up by clicking on the confirm or replying to the email. Just ignore them and if something does come to your home just write cancel and send back if you don't want it or call them to cancel.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think I have gotten 2 or 3 magazines since doing SR for a little over a year now. I think I probably inadvertently clicked on something while doing an offer. When I receive the bill for the magazine I do just what Catherine said. I write cancel in big letters on the bill, but I also add "did not order this magazine" or something similar. I have never had 1 problem and have never received another bill for any of them, so it has been fine.

I have gotten magazines in the past (even before starting SR and doing the offers) that I never subscribed to.... never had a problem with writing cancel on the bill. I also just started getting Parents magazine a few months ago (this WAS after finding SR and doing offers) and tried to call them and cancel - they said that my records showed that I accepted a free year of the magazine as part of an offer somewhere online. I rarely read it...my kids are a bit older...I browse through and then take it into work. I work in a NICU and I leave it in the waiting room that is shared by NICU, Mother/Baby and Pediatric ICU. I hope someone has found them useful!
    Deana
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

I have received a few in the mail as well. When I get the initial bill, I just write 'PLEASE CANCEL' and return it. At one point, I received a 'non-payment of my account' threat letter, at which point I replied with a 'strongly worded letter' and I have never received anything again LOL
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by kim2430 View Post
    I did a bunch of the offers yesterday and was very careful not to say yes to anything.
    I was checking my gmail account today and there was a thank you from Parents.com for subscribing for 3 years!! I didn't do that and I know it had to be from the offers yesterday because that's the only thing I use the gmail account for.
    I got it resolved with Parents.com but now it worries me that something else is going to happen or I'm going to get a bill for something I didn't authorize.

Has anything like this happened to you?
    This happened to me a week or so ago and I did post on the board about it. I too was very careful NOT to order anything. I followed their link to cancel and I agree now that it was probably a scheme to see what emails really work. BUT it is true even if they send you the magazine you did not order it and you can write cancel on the bill and owe nothing. Unfortunately these things happen occasionally. Luckily it does not happen often. Don't worry and keep enjoying the offers and rewards!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards