Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What security setting should my internet be on?

Default What security setting should my internet be on?

I haven't had much luck in the past week getting free offers to credit but I've had no issues with daily surveys crediting though. I've cleared my cookies out each morning using ccleaner and I still don't know what's going on. I've even opened up a new gmail account and nada. I did notice that I've been having to relog into sunshinerewards each time . I guess I could have saturated my data through the different free offers, but I was wondering what should the security setting on my internet be? I know there was a thread around here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Obviously I'm not very computer literate
    Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

This has happened to me a couple times since I joined in January. Last time was in April and I decided to just take a couple weeks off from doing offers. At the end of two weeks I tried a couple offers and they credited. I didn't have too many problems after that until just the last week or so. Now I am back to not having them credit again. I think I need to take a break again and let all my info clear out of their data bases.

Someone also suggested to me that I have 3-4 email addys for doing offers. Use one addy for a week or so, then give it a rest and use your second one for a week or so, then switch to your third one for a week, and after that go back to your first one. That way you give your email addys time to exit their system. I have no idea if this works or not. I have 2 email addys currently that I use for offers.

My security is set on low/medium. I have my pop up blocker on medium except for when I do offers. Then I turn it off.

Best advice I can offer... don't get too frustrated. Just keep trying.
    Elaine

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Cookies should be set to (check mark in each)

Override automatic cookie handling
    Accept 1st party cookies
    Accept third party
    Allow session cookies

That may not be the exact wording, I am going from memory.

BTW, I am on my new laptop, with Vista. Does anyone know if the firewall with it is worth while. I had been running McAfee but it is an energy hog so I switched to ZoneAlarm (free) for our old computers. If Vista Firewall is okay, I won't bother making the change.

Disneyforever: Thanks, I'll probaby take a little break from free offers for awhile and thanks for the encouragement.

Arob414: Thanks for the detailed tip. I went to check on my security setting and everything looked good except for "allow session cookies". I clicked on that so I'm hoping that helps.

I'm going to try for an offer now. I'll report back later.
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Cookies should be set to (check mark in each)

Override automatic cookie handling
    Accept 1st party cookies
    Accept third party
    Allow session cookies

That may not be the exact wording, I am going from memory.
    This is correct! Also, I turn off my pop-up blocker and firewall when I do offers. If you are running CCleaner between offers, then you will need to relog into SR. I do an offer, let the page sit up for a few minutes (not doing anything else) then X out of all the pages. I check my account on the hour, and if it has credited, I clear my cookies, log back into SR and do another. If it hasn't credited, I will wait until that evening to do another offer. I do not do more than 2-3 freebies a day.

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    BTW, I am on my new laptop, with Vista. Does anyone know if the firewall with it is worth while. I had been running McAfee but it is an energy hog so I switched to ZoneAlarm (free) for our old computers. If Vista Firewall is okay, I won't bother making the change.
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about Vista I just use Windows Firewall and it has always worked just fine. But I do turn it off when I am doing offers/shopping!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Ugh.. I don't know what's going on. So i go back to SR, log on, go to my pending offers page and click on "remove from pending" on old offer that hasn't credited that i can redo since it's past 30 days. Well it doesn't remove from pending and takes me to a page that says "you must be a member to view this page". I was just logged into my account. So now I have to relog into SR. But everytime I try to remove somthing from pending it takes me back to the page saying i need to be a member. I can access my account history and current earnings without having to relog on. But I can't remove anything from the pendings page.

I'm going to hold off doing offers until i can figure this out.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by juliokirkland View Post
    Ugh.. I don't know what's going on. So i go back to SR, log on, go to my pending offers page and click on "remove from pending" on old offer that hasn't credited that i can redo since it's past 30 days. Well it doesn't remove from pending and takes me to a page that says "you must be a member to view this page". I was just logged into my account. So now I have to relog into SR. But everytime I try to remove somthing from pending it takes me back to the page saying i need to be a member. I can access my account history and current earnings without having to relog on. But I can't remove anything from the pendings page.

I'm going to hold off doing offers until i can figure this out.
    Something is logging you out automatically then, not sure what it could be. I would go back and make sure your cookies are enable since those are needed to log into your account.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Run spybot, adware, and your antivirus. Something is removing your cookies and those might pick it up and clean it for you.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Something is logging you out automatically then, not sure what it could be. I would go back and make sure your cookies are enable since those are needed to log into your account.
    I'm going to check my setting again.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Run spybot, adware, and your antivirus. Something is removing your cookies and those might pick it up and clean it for you.
    Need to go make breakfast for the kiddos but will come back to the computer and do that after.

Thank you all for helping me with this. You guys are so great. I'll keep you guys updated later.
    Last edited by juliokirkland; 07-26-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

There has been a few threads if you use forum search for "getting logged out" or "keep getting logged out" something like that you should get some other older threads along these lines that might be helpful if those things don't catch the problem.
    Sunshine Rewards