Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We finally bought a new laptop!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Default We finally bought a new laptop!

I kept telling him that with back to school more specifically for college there would be great deals. He kept getting discounts/coupons from work for Circuit City and Dell but the deal either wasn't worth it for the laptop itself or they didn't have what we wanted.

Found one today in the circuit city ad though.... I had my eye on it, DH picked it up and said yup that's the one. I said yeah and if we wanted we could just do the 3 months financing and spread it out (school taxes are due next month ). So about 20 mins later he comes down and asks if I ordered it, I said Oh you wanted me to actually order it now? (Side note, DH Is very frugal and for a while I was just expecting "talk" after all he has his work laptop and I have this really fast, huge desktop) So within 20 mins I placed the order, did it with Circuit City's charge for 3 month financing and the best part is in-store pickup in Delware.... NO TAX! and of course SR credit!!!!! DH can get there from work in about 20 mins!

He's going to pick it up tomorrow at lunch. So of course I'm going to have fun playing with it but will have to get used to Vista, I like XP a lot. So I will be off to read Janet, Gay's and everyone elses threads who use Vista to get that all figured out. It's an HP 17 in monitor, 3 gig RAM, 250 HD, dual processor... Oh I'm going to be in heaven!

Now to see if DH will let me take it with me on Tuesday when I go up to my aunts. She's on dial up and I refuse to log in, but hey there's a McDonalds with free WiFi....

I also meant to ask it shouldn't be a problem getting credit thru SR since I clicked through SR for Circuit City, made sure my cookies were set right, added it to my cart, then applied for their CC and made the purchase. THe 3 months financing is more on the CC company right? I remember reading somewhere with delayed billing the credits could be delayed. Not that I care when, I'm just thinking it shouldn't matter bc the whole purchase is going right on the store cc and the cc bank is doing the 3 mos no interest. right?!?
    Last edited by askomsky; 07-27-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: had a ?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Awesome deal! Gotta love that no tax part and SR credit.
    Sunshine Rewards

Good for you. Awesome. Don't you love getting new fun things like that.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Congrats! So exciting! Don't you just love a great deal!
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Good for you. Awesome. Don't you love getting new fun things like that.
    YES! But my kids aren't going to like it with me being back at the kitchen table. They thought they could get away with a lot more when I'm down here in the basement...

I love tinkering around with new technology!

Awesome deal! Gotta love that no tax part and SR credit.
    Yes it is! Hey 1% is still money back!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
    Congrats! So exciting! Don't you just love a great deal!
    Yeah and I forgot that it was also $180 instant savings and a $50 mail in rebate so we're getting MORE computer for less money!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    YES! But my kids aren't going to like it with me being back at the kitchen table. They thought they could get away with a lot more when I'm down here in the basement...

I love tinkering around with new technology!
    Me, too! I think that beside the fact that I already like Vista, I like having something new. And, wireless internet setup was literally a matter of clicking a button and putting in the network password. I can't tell you the hours I have spent setting it up on 3 computers and then, sometimes, it would forget.

Mine arrived, Wednesday, and all I have wanted to do was play and explore mine. I have 3gb RAM, also. Compared to the speed from my 1/2 gig, I am blazing a trail. I am used to CrapCleaner taking a minute or so, this clears so fast!

I have still not started scrapbooking, haven't even installed the software, yet. We are all on the network and the girls have access to my music and photo files, still trying to get our @#$@%& wireless Lexmark online. We have had it about 7 months, it is quite forgetful...it forgets it is wireless about every other job.

Have fun with your new laptop. Too bad for the kids, tho.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Wonderful! I hope you have good luck with it!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

That is great April................

I have been wanting a new laptop (but to be honest there really isn't anything wrong with the one I have now........I would just like something new to play with!)

Have fun checking out how it works...playing around.....and let your kids know that my girls sympathize with them (now that I have wireless....they hate that I sit right next to them.....they liked it better when I would sit in the office...they thought they could run the show.....)

pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    That is great April................

I have been wanting a new laptop (but to be honest there really isn't anything wrong with the one I have now........I would just like something new to play with!)

Have fun checking out how it works...playing around.....and let your kids know that my girls sympathize with them (now that I have wireless....they hate that I sit right next to them.....they liked it better when I would sit in the office...they thought they could run the show.....)

pamela
    That is funny! Mine are big enough that I should be able to sit in my room, in my chair, enjoying my laptop in peace and solitude. But, guess where mine usually are. Especially if the one of them is not home. Right now, DD13 is in my room driving me nuts.