Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We finally bought a new laptop!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Me, too! I think that beside the fact that I already like Vista, I like having something new. And, wireless internet setup was literally a matter of clicking a button and putting in the network password. I can't tell you the hours I have spent setting it up on 3 computers and then, sometimes, it would forget.

Mine arrived, Wednesday, and all I have wanted to do was play and explore mine. I have 3gb RAM, also. Compared to the speed from my 1/2 gig, I am blazing a trail. I am used to CrapCleaner taking a minute or so, this clears so fast!

I have still not started scrapbooking, haven't even installed the software, yet. We are all on the network and the girls have access to my music and photo files, still trying to get our @#$@%& wireless Lexmark online. We have had it about 7 months, it is quite forgetful...it forgets it is wireless about every other job.

Have fun with your new laptop. Too bad for the kids, tho.

Yeah I'm guessing the wireless internet won't be a problem since we already have it just need to get the new laptop ready. IT's also bluetooth enable which DH loves, tho not sure why if it's "mine"! lol My desktop down here is pretty fast I think it's 2 gig RAM bc I knew it was better to come down here on chat nights but I was too lazy to keep running up and down the stairs!

Dh had problems trying to get his work laptop to network with this desktop but hopefully we can do that with no problems with the new laptop. It would be nice to have access to all my pics and doc's without running back and forth with a flashdrive!

Let's not talk about pictures. I"m about a year behind in getting my sorted and organized (just on my computer) so I can get them uploaded to Kodak or something similar. Maybe with this huge harddrive it'll be something I can do. I also ordered Paint Shop Pro x2 two months ago and have yet to install it on my desktop bc this pc needs a good reformatting/cleaning and I know once I install it i won't want to stop playing with it. I just need to back up my pictures on here first and burn them to CD so I can get this cleaned up.

Don't be suprised if I keep asking you questions until I get used to Vista!!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Wonderful! I hope you have good luck with it!
    Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    That is great April................

I have been wanting a new laptop (but to be honest there really isn't anything wrong with the one I have now........I would just like something new to play with!)

Have fun checking out how it works...playing around.....and let your kids know that my girls sympathize with them (now that I have wireless....they hate that I sit right next to them.....they liked it better when I would sit in the office...they thought they could run the show.....)

pamela
    Worst part is it's my DD4.5 who "yells" at me to stop "playing" on the computer while I'm at the table. She's the one who will rat herself out and everyone else so I never have to worry as long as she's around.

But yeah since I'm downstairs in the finished basement they think that I don't know what's going on upstairs. They do know I can hear them hollering/fighting and or wrestling/running around since it sounds like a herd of elephants!

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    That is funny! Mine are big enough that I should be able to sit in my room, in my chair, enjoying my laptop in peace and solitude. But, guess where mine usually are. Especially if the one of them is not home. Right now, DD13 is in my room driving me nuts.

LOL My DD's are that way they always want to know what I'm doing or look at the pictures as I'm scrolling through posts or asking if they can play webkins etc. DS could care less unless "he" wants the computer!
    Sunshine Rewards