Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ticket prices going up???

When we went in May I bought 10 day non-expiring tix. Glad I did.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

I bet this is for Disneyland too!! I'm gonna call the Disney store.
    Sunshine Rewards

Just ordered mine last week for our December trip and they arrived today!!
    Deana
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm trying to figure out what to buy - I think I am going to order 10 days with no expiration and the water parks and more but I am on the fence about the hopping. It is so much extra and we don't hop that much...only when we go to AK or HS. I am going to investigate buying a 3 or 4 day with hopping and then a longer pass without hopping and see how it adds up. Adding the water parks option is a great deal and my kids really like DQ so I know for sure I want to add that and the no-expiration.

Please let us know what the Disney Store says - I wouldn't think they'd be allowed to confirm that a rate hike is imminent within the next few days but you never know who you'll get on the phone and what they'll tell ya.
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

I had the same question! We are going sometime in January '09 but haven't locked in our dates yet. We wanted to do a package so we could do the dining plan again. Last year I booked our rooms in February and then rolled it into a package about a month before we left but I didn't know if you could that with just tickets

Quote Originally Posted by JillyFish View Post
    Okay....dumb question.....and I think I probably already know the answer....BUT....if you buy tickets now can you apply them towards a MYW package later??? DS and I MAY be going in January and if so I want to get a package with dining. But I sure would like to get tickets before the price increase. Or....just thinking out loud here.....I suppose I could get one ticket now and one ticket later with the package....maybe??? But do you even have to purchase tickets with a package. Sorry so many questions!

I wish I could book now, but of course the 2009 rates aren't out yet. I imagine they will also come out next week. Sure puts you between a rock and a hard place when your trying to save some money!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I just pulled the trigger. Got us 10-day hoppers, no expiration with the water parks and more option. I know we'll use 2 of the days later this year and, with the Universal ticket deal, I can stretch the remaining days out into 3 more vacations.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    I had the same question! We are going sometime in January '09 but haven't locked in our dates yet. We wanted to do a package so we could do the dining plan again. Last year I booked our rooms in February and then rolled it into a package about a month before we left but I didn't know if you could that with just tickets
    Remember if you go in Jan 09 the discount from disney is usually free water park options when you buy the whole package. That's what we always do. You also get a small room discount.
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Quote Originally Posted by jenvance View Post
    Remember if you go in Jan 09 the discount from disney is usually free water park options when you buy the whole package. That's what we always do. You also get a small room discount.

OOOO thanks for the heads up. You know I had wondered about discounts that time of year since it is the 'off' season! I don't know if this is true but I have heard that Superbowl Sunday is the least crowded day of the year @ Disney!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

For those that have been orderning tickets - who are you ordering from? DW Tickets? Are they ok to use? Any problems?
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    OOOO thanks for the heads up. You know I had wondered about discounts that time of year since it is the 'off' season! I don't know if this is true but I have heard that Superbowl Sunday is the least crowded day of the year @ Disney!
    This was NOT the case this year. We always go late Jan/early Feb every year. The crowds are pretty low. This year, our first day was superbowl sunday and we stayed for two weks and it was much busier than we have EVER seen it, but we were there during Mardi Gras also, they fell on the same time, and it was very crowded with tons of people from Louisiana. But it still probably wasn't as crowded as it gets during peak and holiday times of year. I love going this time of year because the weather is beautiful, and the crowds are relatively low.
    Sunshine Rewards