Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm a pleasantly surprised skeptic...

Default I'm a pleasantly surprised skeptic...

....of the Debbie Meyer Green bags. I thought there was no way these could work. Boy, was I wrong. I have thrown away so many baskets of strawberries this year that I quit buying it. It seems that I never get to use them before they go bad. I decided I'd get the green bags and give the strawberries another chance. Today, I finally got around to cutting them up. They've been in my refrig for 10 days. They actually looked better then when I put them in there, hows that happen? I am thrilled. The next test is my lettuce. I buy the bags of cut lettuce and with two of us, we never use an entire bag at our meal, and when I go to get it a couple days later after opening it, its brown and wilted. Today I put the remaining bag from dinner ina Debbie Meyer bag, we'll see how it looks in a couple days. With the price of groceries now I've been looking for alternatives like these. I am thrilled.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Well let me know how the lettuce does. I held off getting these as they did not get very good reviews.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

I like the bags. I was like you Cindy...very skepical.

It works great with my leafy lettuce and the scallions. They always wilt on me but they hold up a while. My husband even uses them. I hate waste too. I know what you mean with being only two of you.

I hope they work for you!
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Ooh..Cindy. Keep us posted. I've been watning to try these really bad. Our local news once a week does a segment on As Seen On TV Items and these got a pass...since then I've been itching to buy them.

Are they their on item here at SR? If not, who carries them? (So I'm ready after your lettuce results...) I buy the bagged lettuce too and do good to get two salads out of it before it starts showing age.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Another skeptic here too! But I used them twice now with Bananas and they last a LOT longer that they usually do. I'm definately going to try strawberries and lettuce next.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I got them also when the offer was up and our local news had just did a segment on them.
    The segment stated some fruits and veggies did better in them, but others did just as well in Ziplocs.

That said I agree my bananas will last for almost 2 wks in the bags! I've also tried strawberries, blueberries, cherries etc and they work great too.

I tried iceberg lettuce and honestly my gallon ziploc bag that I always used kept it just as fresh as the green bag. BUt it does do better on the leafy lettuce.

So I do love mine bc we go through a lot of bananas and instead of buy 4-5 every trip I can buy more and have them for a long time!
    Sunshine Rewards

I bought the bags but I haven't used them for lettuce. I buy the romaine hearts 3 pack and we go through one head a day. It doesn't hang around long enough to go bad.

I have used them for celery and carrots and they keep a lot longer.

April...........good to hear about the berries and thanks Cindy for the info on the strawberries. I took a package back to the store it was so bad, the DAY after I bought it. I checked them before buying. It amazes me how they turned overnight.

I'd be interested in how the lettuce works out. BJ's sells a 6 head bag. I could get that and not have to buy them every 3 days.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Ooh..Cindy. Keep us posted. I've been watning to try these really bad. Our local news once a week does a segment on As Seen On TV Items and these got a pass...since then I've been itching to buy them.

Are they their on item here at SR? If not, who carries them? (So I'm ready after your lettuce results...) I buy the bagged lettuce too and do good to get two salads out of it before it starts showing age.
    Yes, you can get them here, http://www.taylorgifts.com/prodetail~itemNo~27967.asp. Mine are not the self locking, but next time, thats what I'll get.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Yes, you can get them here, http://www.taylorgifts.com/prodetail~itemNo~27967.asp. Mine are not the self locking, but next time, thats what I'll get.
    Awesome...and these are reusable right?

LOL...nevermind...clicked the link and it says reusable in the description...
    Last edited by Mom2aPrincess; 07-28-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Awesome...and these are reusable right?
    Yes although I find after 3-4 uses with bananas it really needs to get thrown away ( I do wash and dry inbetween uses) and the berries and more "gushy" fruit is less time use.
    Sunshine Rewards