Thread: Help

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Default Help

So DH surprised me with a new 80 GB iPod with video.
    (Kind of wish he would have told me before he bought it... I could have gotten SR for it... but oh well. I love it!)

I know I can go on iTunes thru SR and get songs/albums/podcasts, and get 3% back. Has anyone done this? Is it easy to do? Is there any other site I can use for Apple iPod? Or are they exclusive to iTunes only? I don't have a lot of music (CD's) and this thing holds something like 60,000 songs or some crazy amount. I think I will put a few of my favorite movies on it.

Any help or knowledge about iPod would be great as I am fairly techno challenged!
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by disneyforever View Post
    So DH surprised me with a new 80 GB iPod with video.
    (Kind of wish he would have told me before he bought it... I could have gotten SR for it... but oh well. I love it!)

I know I can go on iTunes thru SR and get songs/albums/podcasts, and get 3% back. Has anyone done this? Is it easy to do? Is there any other site I can use for Apple iPod? Or are they exclusive to iTunes only? I don't have a lot of music (CD's) and this thing holds something like 60,000 songs or some crazy amount. I think I will put a few of my favorite movies on it.

Any help or knowledge about iPod would be great as I am fairly techno challenged!

You can get music from other sites as well, just have the itunes open next to the other site, there was Spiral frog ( free Music) on here for a while, (SR)
    any ways .... Just click and drag the song from one library into itunes library..

that simple.

Check with friends to see if they may have a Cd's you want to import into your itunes!

Some how our neighborhood music library on portable hard drive has grown to 48,000 songs..... I also recommend that your store your music library on a portable hard drive, and set you Ipod to manually manage music, if you do not want to keep alot of music on you PC.

If you do not have a Computer that is ? 500GB hard drive ? 3GB of memory hard drive, or larger. will hold a very robust music library.
    Something smaller will also hold, plenty of music, but may slow down.

This code posted below will get you a free song on itunes..
    It is a one time use code!
    JXATEKYXPXF7 please do not steal, if it does get stolen just let me know I have others, it is meant for OP.

If you do not set it to manually mange music and you remove a song from the itunes library, it will be removed from the ipod, if you allow itunes to manage your library, this will happen when you plug in your ipod,the next time called synching.
    should be right there as a selection when the itunes comes upcheck box.
    Create play lists and drag them into your ipod. Seems to be the best way.

the whole thing is fairly easy once you play around with it!

actually have 650 hard drive.

The computer mentioned above is what i have and we about 2500 songs, on it and we do not even know they are there, no slow down.

One other thing they have started to do on Updates , to the itunes program is install SAFARI, that is a web browser, like Firefox an IE.
    Uncheck it before downloading updates for the itunes program, unless you would like the browser to take over...
    Last edited by Peter; 07-30-2008 at 06:49 AM.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I have tons of free itunes from STarbucks. If anyone is interested in my duplicates let me know. Maybe we can do Itunes swaps. That would be really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyforever View Post
    I know I can go on iTunes thru SR and get songs/albums/podcasts, and get 3% back. Has anyone done this? Is it easy to do?
    Lately I have been buying songs on iTunes through SR and they always credit I used to only like buying CDs and then put them on my iPod but now I'd rather just download and get it quicker. Buying a whole album is usually cheaper than a CD anyways. And you can backup your purchases to a cd also.

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    I have tons of free itunes from STarbucks. If anyone is interested in my duplicates let me know. Maybe we can do Itunes swaps. That would be really fun.
    Are those codes good just for the song on the Card ? have a few of those Myself!
    most times i don't know the artist.

the code mentioned above is good for any song. some places like TM give them out when you purchase,tickets.
    600 bucks for 3 Celine Dion tickets! wonder if TM was on the list of Merchants forgot to look..
    THEY R! Sugar.....
    Last edited by Peter; 07-31-2008 at 09:00 AM.